News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• 1 month later...

Hello ,

WOW , What a find , 53 steel boxes for the head wound gas mask !

This steel box held a rubbr/fabric hood with an oval celluiod disc so the wearer could see out from . This gas mask hood was to be worn only by men with head wounds during a gas attack . As gas warfare against ships was unheard of during WWII nor ver practical this would not be found on U-boats ! This item must been intended for ground KM forces such as Flak units or other ground fighting units that may come under gas / chemical warfare attack . A standard GM41 or 42 gasmask filter would be screwed into the threaded socket on the front of this gas hood .

If you would be interested in selling the box or the gas hood as I collect both Dr?ger tauchretter and German WWII gas warfare items .

Best Regards,

Joe

• 3 months later...

hello n

yes i see this kind of strap already

its late produktion

the owner of the gasmask was gunther

its have my name :cheers:

best regards

gunther

Hello!

This was good new inormation.Thanks for comment. :jumping: :jumping:

All the best :cheers:

Nesredep

Hello ,

WOW , What a find , 53 steel boxes for the head wound gas mask !

This steel box held a rubbr/fabric hood with an oval celluiod disc so the wearer could see out from . This gas mask hood was to be worn only by men with head wounds during a gas attack . As gas warfare against ships was unheard of during WWII nor ver practical this would not be found on U-boats ! This item must been intended for ground KM forces such as Flak units or other ground fighting units that may come under gas / chemical warfare attack . A standard GM41 or 42 gasmask filter would be screwed into the threaded socket on the front of this gas hood .

If you would be interested in selling the box or the gas hood as I collect both Dr?ger tauchretter and German WWII gas warfare items .

Best Regards,

Joe

Useful information Joe! :)

Then if well I understand it was a mask antigas for wounded, but that then was destined to the personnel of Kustenartillerie?

Would not it be however more reasonable to say that, considering that the personnel of Kustenartillerie already had the GM38s and 40 (how you have said), were these masks used by the personnel in service on the war ships?

Regards

Edoardo

Hello ,

This type of gas hood was to be worn by a person with a head wound during a gas attack . If you had a large head wound you could not have bandagess around your head and still wear a gas mask such as the GM 30 , GM 38 etc . The bandages would interfere with the sealing of the mask around the face etc.

Best Regards ,

Joe

• 6 months later...
    • 4 years later...