News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Iraqi British Pattern 58 Webbing

I was at a thrift shop on base today and came across an unusual bag with Arabic markings which had a tag that said Iraqi Army Backpack. It looked a lot like the British Pattern 58 Webbing converted for Iraqi use. So I bought it. I know nothing about collecting this kind of stuff since my collecting interest are in US and East German. Is there any value in this bag and would anyone know what the Arabic says on the white tag? Also any idea what it may have been used for? Thanks. Kevin

Edited by ehrentitle

Guest IMHF

Lorenzo - Thanks for your reply and translation. Any idea what one of these might be worth?

It all depends on the seller and the buyer 25-45.00

Lorenzo

It all depends on the seller and the buyer 25-45.00

Lorenzo

Lorenzo, Thanks. You confirmed what I thought. I've seen a couple of British Pattern 58 Webbing bags of this type on UK websites in the 15 Pound range so I was figuring about $30-$35. Kevin

I was issued 58 pattern webbing some years ago, and in training there were a few bits of 37 pat. webbing knocking about. There's probably so much of it around that the prices are kept low, not being German doesn't help with the investment either, I'd like to find some 08 webbing at those prices.

That's the first 58 pat. Iraqi webbing I've seen though.

Tony

I was issued 58 pattern webbing some years ago, and in training there were a few bits of 37 pat. webbing knocking about. There's probably so much of it around that the prices are kept low, not being German doesn't help with the investment either, I'd like to find some 08 webbing at those prices.

That's the first 58 pat. Iraqi webbing I've seen though.

Tony

Thanks Tony. Hopefully Iraqi marked 58 pattern webbing will have a little more value than the standard stuff. I taught ROTC here in the US shortly after the first Gulf War. Back then we had a lot of prior service Cadets and many of them came in offering to give me Iraqi kit, like canteens, bayonets, web gear, uniforms. A good deal of it was either British or Soviet issue. I turned it all down as I had no interest in it at the time. Kevin

Heck if you want to sell it hit me up.......................

Lorenzo

Lorenzo - I'd be interested in trading it for theater made US cut edge ACU and DCU patches and/or AAFES / EFI POGs. Send me a PM if you are interested. Kevin

Guest IMHF

Thanks Tony. Hopefully Iraqi marked 58 pattern webbing will have a little more value than the standard stuff. I taught ROTC here in the US shortly after the first Gulf War. Back then we had a lot of prior service Cadets and many of them came in offering to give me Iraqi kit, like canteens, bayonets, web gear, uniforms. A good deal of it was either British or Soviet issue. I turned it all down as I had no interest in it at the time. Kevin

Send me a list of how many you need by e-mail, and I will get them for you: I only have 1 10 cent EFI Pog very hard to find now plenty of the AAFES one.

Lorenzo

Edited by IMHF

Send me a list of how many you need by e-mail, and I will get them for you: I only have 1 10 cent EFI Pog very hard to find now plenty of the AAFES one.

Lorenzo

Lorenzo - Give me a day or two and I'll send you a want list. Thanks. Kevin

• 1 year later...

Here is the pattern 58 webbing in use on one of my displays. Scott.

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_07_2010/post-4139-127912220951.jpg.jpg]http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_07_2010/post-4139-127912230457.jpg.jpg]

I just found this pic I took in 2003. It is pattern 58 webbing that was discarded by the Iraqi's near the former Staff College. Scott.

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_07_2010/post-4139-127977335648.jpg.jpg]