News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Ehrenkreuz in Gold - Miniatur Ordensspange

Hello all, 

Yesterday i got this realy Nice 4 place miniature medal bar. 

F.l.t.r.

Bundeswehr Ehrenkreuz in Gold, Sportabzeichen in Gold (10), Rettungsschwimmer Abzeichen der DLRG in Gol,  US Army Commendation Medal. 

Hope you like it as i do 

Greetings 

Stefan 

1.jpg

Thank you Stefan. 

I notice that BW medal bars are very difficult to find these days.  Are they typically very expensive to find on the collector's market?  The few I found on Ebay were. 

Yes they seems to be very rar. In my time with the bundeswehr i never buyed a mini medal bar for my awards, i just wear a simple ribbon bar - not a custom made one. 

A good friend of me, she were promototed to the rank of a Feldwebel soon, dont have a medal bar or a miniatur medal bar to. 

Looks like the most (If they have medals) just wear the simple ribbon bar. 

Greetings Stefan 

• 5 weeks later...

Its very uncommon to wear miniature medals in the Bundeswehr and if, then they are worn on the "Gesellschaftsanzug" (some kind of mess dress uniform) and only a few soldiers own such a uniform. Its very expensive and the occasions to wear it are usually extremely rare. I have one for example but only because I got it very cheap from a friend who did not need it anymore and we had the same size.

Edited by JensF.

Hallo,

As many will be aware, miniature medals and ribbon bars are easily available from such companies as; http://bandschnallen.de/ .

I do not wish to conrtradict Stefan in any way on his views, however, Bundeswehr medals, badges etc. can be found on e-bay.de  in abundance - just type Bundeswehr Orden or Bundeswehr Ehrenzeichen, Abzeichen -  It speaks for its' self.  As said, many times, the actual award/miniature/ribbon-bar etc. has no intrinsic value (apart from higher decorations - produced in gold/silver-gilt/silver). The key issue is authority to hold and wear the insignia.

To my mind there is no myth nor is there any rarity involved. They are just overpriced for what they are. 

Hope this helps potential collectors 

Hi Jens,

I think (hope), that you don't wear this miniatur medal bar (Kleine Ordensschnalle) officially?

It is for example not allowed, to wear the "Europäische Polizei-Leistungsabzeichen" on a Bw-Uniform, and it is not allowed, to wear two sports badges.

That is, in my very personal opinion, "overdressed".

Uwe

Agree with Speedytop It's a 'no go' on the DOSB, DSB as with the other two after the NATO mini (OK out of uniform).  Perhaps a touch of personal vanity? JensF. It is just not quite right!!!!!!  It's only my personal view. No offence meant. 

Hi, I have worn it like this. The result was, that I motivated other people to do more sports to qualifiy for the Police Achievement Badge and the German Sports Badge as well. However, the old version of the bronze DSB badge will be reaplaced soon with the DOSB in Gold/Platinum with number "5". And btw. the Japanese Red Cross Silver Medal (the one after the NATO medal) is an official award.

Edited by JensF.

Thank you ÖSTA. I am not really a fan of our well known ZDV 37/10 which made soldiers to look more like government officials ("Beamten") instead of soldiers for decades. I hope this does not make me a bad soldier ;)

Ah! JensF,

You may not be a fan of The Regulations. That I understand. But would you go on parade wearing just boxer shorts, a T-shirt  and painted toe nails because you don't like the dress Regulations??

No offence, but if you are a bonafide wearer of a BW uniform then you should respect the rules - Das war ein Befehl.

Ah! JensF,

You may not be a fan of The Regulations. That I understand. But would you go on parade wearing just boxer shorts, a T-shirt  and painted toe nails because you don't like the dress Regulations??

No offence, but if you are a bonafide wearer of a BW uniform then you should respect the rules - Das war ein Befehl.

I obey 99,5 % of those regulations :)  Hey, do you always drive exactly 50 km/h inside villiages? For sure not ;)