News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Honored Railwayworker Badge

Guest Rick Research

• Replies 156
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Belorussian railways restored these two badges on January 30, 2009 by order #46H

Original regulation for Belorussian 1 000 000 km and 500 000 km badges

1.1. Нагрудными знаками «За безаварийный пробег на локомотиве 500 000км» и «За безаварийный пробег на локомотиве 1 000 000км» (далее — знаками) награждаются машинисты и помощники машинистов локомотивов, моторвагонного подвижного состава (далее — МВПС), машинисты-инструкторы, а также инженерно-технические работники и руководители предприятий локомотивного хозяйства, выполнившие установленную норму пробега на локомотиве в качестве машинистов и помощников машинистов, безупречно выполняющие свои должностные обязанности и обязательства по уходу за локомотивами (МВПС), экономному расходованию топливно-энергетических ресурсов, не имеющие грубых нарушений безопасности движения, охраны труда и дисциплины.

1.2. К награждению знаками представляются работники, пользующиеся авторитетом в трудовых коллективах и имеющих к моменту представления к награждению безаварийный пробег на локомотивах 500000 и 1000000 километров соответственно. Расчет безаварийных пробегов считать приведенным из расчета 500000 км — 12 лет работы в должности машиниста или помощника машиниста, 1000000 км — 24 года работы в должности машиниста или помощника машиниста, не зависимо от видов движения.

;)

500 000 = 12 years of work

1 000 000 = 24 years of work

Also added these since my last update:

150th Anniversary of St. Petersburg-Moscow Railroad medals:

Dan,

sorry for the late response (I missed your description of this badge), but this is not 150th Anniversary of St. Petersburg-Moscow Railroad badge.

This is 150th Anniversary of Railroads jubilee badge.

It was established in 1987 by USSR Ministry of Railway Transport as award for veterans and pace-makers.

There were two variants of this badge.

You have so-called "white train" variation.

Actually this is first russian steam locomotive of Cherepanov brothers ;)

Edited by JapanX

Any thoughts on this one? I have two... variations? Enamel colors are different. Will have to scan the other one later if any interest as at the moment I can't find any on my system although I'm sure I saved the pics from the auction:

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php/topic/7389-russian-train-or-subway-medal/?hl=train

Dan :cheers:

Any thoughts on this one? I have two... variations? Enamel colors are different. Will have to scan the other one later if any interest as at the moment I can't find any on my system although I'm sure I saved the pics from the auction:

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php/topic/7389-russian-train-or-subway-medal/?hl=train

I'm sorry Dan, but when I look at that medal/badge it looks like a Russian version of "Thomas the Tank Engine" :D or to be precise - Tomislav the Tank Engine hehhehehe :) makes my day, thanks for posting :)

Edited by Rogi

At Hauptmann's request (I apologize for my tardiness, Dan) here are a few of my Soviet RR items. This is a board from my collection:

There has been some interest in the 1mil k safety badge. Here are two of mine:

And here's one in a documented RR group:

And here's an Honored Railway Worker silver variation that you don't commonly encounter:

Excellent topic. Enjoy.

Chuck

• 1 year later...

My latest:

Found what looks to be a great site about these:

http://antique-photos.com/en/awardsdatabase/ussr/ussr-badges/573-stalins-appeal-shock-worker-badge.html

This was of particular interest:

First 79,396 badges had serial number stamped on reverse. As the badge came down to a mass production award, numeration was discontinued.

Depending on a period of manufacture, five major types of the badge are known to exist:
    - Three-piece badge measuring 31,5x31,5 mm made of three riveted elements: banners, nut with five-point star and steam engine. Altogether ca. 55,000 numbered badges of this type were manufactured.
    - Two-piece badge measuring 31,5-32x34-34,5 mm made of two riveted elements: banners and steam engine with nut. Approximately 20,000 numbered badges of this type were produced.
    - One-piece badge with flat reverse and counter-relief steam engine measuring 31x33 mm. Only 3,000 numbered pieces were minted.
    - One-piece badge with flat reverse and counter-relief steam engine measuring 31,4x33,2 mm. Those badges had no serial number on reverse.
    - Late production one-piece badge with strong counter-relief (mirror reverse) bearing no serial number.

However, dozens of slight variations of the “Stalin’s Appeal Shock Worker” badge can be singled out, differing in finish type (brass or nickel-plated), reverse workmanship and obverse details.

The vast majority of badges were made of brass, while unique pieces are found in copper. The badge was attached to the tunic with screw and round nut. Early pieces were issued with an additional round thin washer for perfect fit.

The badge was presented together with either a standard hard-cover red or red-brown award certificate or a temporary printed document of various types, depending on issuing local railway authorities. Lost award certificates or temporary documents were replaced with duplicates. Holders of the badge were often rewarded with special notes of thanks or even were mentioned in departmental press.

Photographic evidence shows that elite shock workers were decorated with the badge twice and even thrice.

Initially “Stalin’s Appeal Shock Worker” badge was deservedly regarded as a highly prestigious departmental award. However, with the lapse of time mass decorations with the badge naturally diminished its importance and value.

Decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR, the highest legislative body of the Soviet Union, issued on September 16, 1957 discontinued decorations with the badge. Totally ca.500,000 badges were awarded within 1934-1957.

She's definitely much nicer and very well constructed compared with the run of the mill examples one generally sees on the market. Can't wait till she arrives and joins her brothers in the display.

• 1 year later...

Honored Railroad Worker K. M. Kuznetsov
    Badge & document, #55075, awarded April 6th, 1945 for exemplary accomplishments of duties, screwplate is missing

55075 cover.jpg55075 interior.jpg55075 obverse.jpg55075 reverse.jpg

Badge & document, #56897, awarded August 5th, 1945 for exemplary achievements in the Great Patriotic War

56897 cover.jpg56897_interior.jpg56897 obverse.jpg56897 reverse.jpg

Honored Railroad Worker, #97427, circa 1956, brass, chrome plated, with screw-plate.
    97427 obverse.jpg97427 reverse.jpg