News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 330
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

[attachmentid=48877][attachmentid=48878]A find from the flea market today. It lacks any NSDAP symbols and I cannot find it in any of my Manion's books. Would anyone happen to know anything about this badge? Maybe it is in Tieste? Any help greatly appreciated. Thank You Gents. Robert

Joe Yours is in grat condition. I had no idea what time period it was from but decided to take the $8 plunge at the flea market the other day. This one is hard to judge because their are no symbols on it too. Is yours marked the same on the reverse? Thanks alot for showing. I guess I'll put it in my WHW box. Take Care Robert :cool:

Robert, mine is marked,

GEBR. BALD

SOL.- WALD

In my notes I found - produced in GAU Dusseldorf for the 4th. street collection of 1936.

Not positive of that info.

--dj--Joe

Edited by --dj--Joe

• 3 weeks later...
    • 3 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...

[attachmentid=51433][attachmentid=51434]

What do you think of this one? How are your german reading skills? I need new eyewear. Robert

Robert , the text on your tinnie is in S?tterlin, it says "Reichsm?ttterdiest", translated National-mothers-service".

Cheers,

Benten

• 4 weeks later...

The Winterhilfswerk (WHW) was a Nazi charity program with the slogan "None shall starve nor freeze". It was designed to provide food and fuel to indigent Germans, and of course it was an excellent propaganda opportunity.

The Hitlerjugend and Bund Deutscher M?del (boys' and girls' associations, respectively) were extremely active in collecting for this charity.

Donors were often given small souvenir gratitude gifts of negligible value, somewhat similar to the way modern charities mail out address labels and holiday cards. A typical such gift was a small propaganda booklet (a VERY small booklet, reminiscent of Victorian-era miniature books; about 0.8" wide x 1.5" tall). Observe the hole punched in the rear cover; this appears in most such books and was apparently designed to allow people to hang these booklets on a Christmas tree.

The book shown here contains 33 pages, almost all of which show Adolf Hitler with smiling citizens. Titles of the photos are such things as:

Reichskanzlerei, 1937 (Reichs Chancellory, 1937)

Mit Arbeiter 1935 (With the Workers 1935)

Autobahnarbeiter (Workers on the Autobahn)

Alte B?uerin 1936 (Old Farmer's Wife 1936)

The end of the book has a short closing statement by Dr. Robert Ley.

More generous donors would receive concomitantly better gifts, such as lapel pins (often a single rune with WHW and the year printed around it), or a full-size photo book.

Does anyone of you own any WHW badge? Show them please. :)

Edited by Scowen