News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Dealers to recommend for YU-Awards

Gentlemen,

where are the good dealers for YU-awards to recommend :unsure: ?

Vienna is "empty" besides of one dealer, who has every now and then YU-Orders, but at far too high prices :( .

Are there any reliable dealers in the ex-Yugoslavian states from Slovenia to Makedonia, who ship and accept creditcards and/or PayPal :unsure: ?

In the USA there are two well known dealers, but their supply thinned out somehow :( :

Alexei: http://pw1.netcom.com/~merezhko/militaria.html

Igor: http://www.collectrussia.com/

Please post your experience :love: .

Best regards :beer:

Christian

• Replies 65
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Christian,

as far as I know the slovenian scenery, no one of our dealers managed his business internationally. I can not say very much even about the scenery in other former YU republics with this exception:

http://www.singidunum-online.com/

Have made some good experiences with him.

I have to mention this german dealer, who has in stock some very rare and great YU orders. Well, the prices are great too:

https://www.sammler-cabinett.de/

Dear Darjan,

many thanks for your valid informations :cheers: .

I never realized, that J?rg Kalies offers so many high-end YU-Orders :blush: (his CCCP-section has been always been rather small). I think his prices are rather o.k. and partly cheaper, than in the USA. EUR 60,- for a CCCP-made "Partisan Star" 3cl in mint condition is a rather fair price. Igor asks for the same order USD 130,-.

The Singidumum-guy in Belgrade has only a website in Srpski and not in English :( . He seems to be specialized in coins. I couldn't find any orders in his webshop.

But the fact is, that Belgrade has to offer much better prices, than Germany or the USA :D .

Slovenia would be an ideal location for international shipping and trading, because Slovenia is part of the EU and has the EURO as currency. I think there is one big dealer in Laibach :unsure: ?

Maybe you could find out the datas of this dealer in Laibach :love: .

Christian

Edited by Christian Zulus

The Singidumum-guy in Belgrade has only a website in Srpski and not in English :( . He seems to be specialized in coins. I couldn't find any orders in his webshop.

But the fact is, that Belgrade has to offer much better prices, than Germany or the USA :D .

No, Christian, the website in Belgrade has nothing. Nothing at all. Nothing. Really. Don't even bother looking. Please. He has nothing at all. Really. Nothing.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

No, Christian, the website in Belgrade has nothing. Nothing at all. Nothing. Really. Don't even bother looking. Please. He has nothing at all. Really. Nothing.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Dear Ed,

that's what I realized :( .

But there is a dealer in Laibach :unsure: .

Christian

BTW: If there is no dealer in Belgrade, then we have to install one :D . The fact is, that there are some phaleristic clubs in Belgrade, but they trade more with the royal stuff of the the pre-Tito times.

I have recently been dealing with:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/EUROMILITARY

and I think he is based in Belgrade :unsure:

Order of Victory

Dear Vic,

yes, that's Zlatan from Zemun http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zemun (part of Belgrade, old Austrian-Hungarian border city to Serbia) :D .

He offers great military stuff - two complete General's uniforms (with ribbon bars!) for a really very fair price! -, but hardly medals.

Maybe he might get "our man" for collecting orders & medals in Serbia and ship them abroad :unsure: ?

Photograph of Zlatan:

Christian

Also, compared to the slovenian market are J?rg Kalies?s order very expensive. In Slovenia is for example the price of soviet made "Partisan star with guns" about 40 ? and the "Labour-order, 1.class" does not cost more than 130?.

Recently I bought a soviet made Order of the Partisan Star (1.class) for 650 ?. :cheers:

On this below named site (that is a slovenian version of ebay) you can get the "Partisan star, 2. class" for 250 ?:

http://www.bolha.com/oglas2268817

"The singidunum dealer" offers some yu orders here:

http://www.singidunum-online.com/shope/ind...tegory_secID=36

In Ljubljana you have two big numismatic and phaleristic dealers: "Numizmatika Masta" and "Falera.

Unfortunately they have neither an online-store nor an email.

And finally if somebody has the chance, I invite you to this collection fair taking place in Laibach:

http://www.collecta.si/index_eng.html ;)

Dear Darjan,

many thanks for your valid informations & links and congratulations to your Partisan 1cl :cheers: .

So, it should make sense, to order YU-Awards directly from ex-YU-countries.

I will post the picture of the "Partisan Star" 2cl for sale at our special thread for this order.

We had been too stupid to find the order-section at the Belgrade dealer's website :blush: . Thanks for the special link. He offers some interesting minis for good prices - also his orders don't seem to be overpaid.

It is interesting, that the website of the Laibach's fair in the next days shows a Soviet "Order of Glory" 3cl ;) .

Christian

Gentlemen!

I would have another question for you about the Order of national liberation offered by J?rg Kalies. His example of this very rare yu order has the serial number 359, but we already know that just less than 300 of them were awarded. How is this possible? :unsure: Maybe is the answer simple this, that the Soviets have during the WW2 made much more orders than later were awarded?

P.S. Christian, vielen Dank for your congratulations.

Gentlemen!

I would have another question for you about the Order of national liberation offered by J?rg Kalies. His example of this very rare yu order has the serial number 359, but we already know that just less than 300 of them were awarded. How is this possible? :unsure: Maybe is the answer simple this, that the Soviets have during the WW2 made much more orders than later were awarded?

Edited by sperans123

Gentlemen!

That's often the case with all numbered awards - here are always some medals which were not awarded.

William

Gentlemen!

Dear Darjan,

as William "New World" already pointed out, the awards have been always produced in advance and for stock.

That reality is specially true for Yugoslavian Orders & Medals, where big quantities of mint-fresh awards are coming on the market. Yugoslavian authorities stored at local depots all sorts of awards for military conflicts in the future: Partisan Stars, etc., etc. These stocks are coming to the market.

As with Soviet Awards, the number of produced orders is always (much) larger, than the number of issued orders.

Christian

I don't know any good Serbian site on the internet that deals/sells medals&co.

The best way to find Yugoslavian awards in Serbia is (unbelievably) to know the right guys in Serbia! :P

If anybody is interested, I HAVE THAT GUY! (Both medals from kingdom and communist era). :ninja:

Let me know... ;)

Yes, he does. He sells over e-Bay! I wasn't sure if I could post the direct link to his shop because of the rules of the forum, but since it's an infrequent, ad hoc base, here you are: :D

http://stores.ebay.com/stefko1963-NIKOLA-TESLA

His name is Goran, and if you are Yugoslavian collectors (which is the case I suppose, since we're posting in the "Republic of Yugoslavia" section :P), you should add him to your favourite sellers. I know him in person, and can assure you he's a very honest person, with great stuff.

At the moment there are no auctions running, but he usually updates his shop every 10 days or so, with very interesting material. :D

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Filip

Edited by Drugo

I have bought few times from Goran and few times off-eBay as well. You can ask him to look for something and he can sometimes help you. A very kind and honest person to deal with!

Gentlemen - I was posted at the US Embassy in Belgrade for two years and returned in December 2006. Marko and Ranko Mandic operate Singidunum and are excellent. And Goran - Stefko on ebay - is also quite amazing. He would bring my purchases right to me and always had a gift to boot. We often met at the numismatic club. You won't go wrong if you deal with either one. Their prices are quite fair.

Gentlemen - I was posted at the US Embassy in Belgrade for two years and returned in December 2006. Marko and Ranko Mandic operate Singidunum and are excellent. And Goran - Stefko on ebay - is also quite amazing. He would bring my purchases right to me and always had a gift to boot. We often met at the numismatic club. You won't go wrong if you deal with either one. Their prices are quite fair.

Dear Mr. Margulies,

many thanks for your valid insight-information about Belgrade as a market for YU-Awards and welcome to GMIC-Yugoslavia :cheers: .

I assume, your service at the US Embassy had been a rather pleasent time in your life - Belgrade is in terms of overall "life-quality" one of the finest locatians in Europe :D (if you have some money to spend ;) ).

What had been your impressions about Serbia & Belgrade?

Could you tell us something about the numismatic club(s) in Belgrade? Did you buy YU-Awards in Belgrade?

Some years ago I bought for EUR 30,- an Soviet Order of the "Red Banner" serial nummer 333.348 (10/10 condition) from a friend in Belgrade, which he got from the numismatic club.

Christian

Dear Mr. Margulies,

many thanks for your valid insight-information about Belgrade as a market for YU-Awards and welcome to GMIC-Yugoslavia :cheers: .

I assume, your service at the US Embassy had been a rather pleasent time in your life - Belgrade is in terms of overall "life-quality" one of the finest locatians in Europe :D (if you have some money to spend ;) ).

What had been your impressions about Serbia & Belgrade?

Could you tell us something about the numismatic club(s) in Belgrade? Did you buy YU-Awards in Belgrade?

Some years ago I bought for EUR 30,- an Soviet Order of the "Red Banner" serial nummer 333.348 (10/10 condition) from a friend in Belgrade, which he got from the numismatic club.

Christian

Christian - feel free to call me Paul and I hope the same applies to me! I have been a frequent visitor to this section, but seldom contributer.

I have travelled extensively since joining the State Dept and have had two o/s postings - Kabul and Belgrade. Belgrade was an amazing tour. The people are incredibly friendly there! I loved the food too. However, unlike my wife, I am not a big fan of Rakija.

I was a regular visitor at SND (Srpsko Numismatichko Drstvo - something like that) on Tuesdays. It was a time foe me to meet with my good friends and make many purchases. I spent a lot of money on awards and related ephemera, but much less than I would have anywhere else in the world. I passed on some amazing orders - both communist and Kingdom - during my time there. And, I also picked up some amazing items : uniform with ribbons (vrbsa) for General Pavkovic, ribbon bar from General Perisic, flag from Tito's office.

The collector's in Belgrade are very serious about their trade. I became good friends with Bjelos, Nenad. Nenad speaks very little English and I very little Serbian yet we made it work.

SND also holds a big collectors show a couple of times a year that is well worth while. They have a website - all in Serbian - but, I don't have it bookmarked anymore.

I have bought few times from Goran and few times off-eBay as well. You can ask him to look for something and he can sometimes help you. A very kind and honest person to deal with!

I've dealt with Goran as well, he's good guy.

W

And, I also picked up some amazing items : uniform with ribbons (vrbsa) for General Pavkovic, ribbon bar from General Perisic, flag from Tito's office.

SND also holds a big collectors show a couple of times a year that is well worth while. They have a website - all in Serbian - but, I don't have it bookmarked anymore.

Dear Paul,

you really got General Pavkovic's uniform with the "Order of Freedom"-ribbon on it :unsure::jumping: ?

Do you have scans of your "Belgrade-Treasuries", which you can post at GMIC?

You have to try old & vat-aged Rakija from the mountains - it' something different ;) .

Kabul & Belgrade are two outstanding destinations for US-officers - that's not London & Paris ...

Christian

BTW: Maybe someone of our native speakers might find the link to the SND collectors show :love: ?