News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

"Super Gavin"

Guest paracollector

Guest paracollector

Latest version of the M113 in use in Iraq.

Warning for dialup users, this site is huge, but contains about everything you ever wanted to know about the M113, and at least one mans attempt to refit all of them and bring them back.

http://www.combatreform.com/m113combat.htm

John

Edited by paracollector

• 1 month later...
    • 3 weeks later...

A fantastic site there John, i spent about an hour reading it at work the other night....

Something gives me the impression that the author doesn't rate the Stryker too highly!! laugh.gif

I love first-hand accounts of stuff on the ground such as the Iraq battle described, good stuff... cheers.gif

Amos.

• 2 weeks later...

I cant believe the 113 has a web site!! Since I am a crew member of one of these beasts I can tell you that they are not that great, LOTS of problems we cant wait to get rid of them.I would take a Stryker in a heart beat over the 113.As a troop carrier they are terrible!!!! as medic vehicle they are great...when theyre running.The good thing about them is that its pretty easy to work on( which we do constantly) As you can see Im not a great fan of the 113 but I guess thats because i invest alot of blood,sweat and tears into them

But the site is pretty cool :D

Eric

A rather intensive website. One to just p*ss off the guy on the street here. They take tons of our money but we can't do some of the basic stuff to protect our guys in the field. Why they are there, or whether they should be, or not, is irrelevent. For cryin' out loud, give them the tools they need to succeed! :angry: