News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

French Wound insignia

Wilco

• 3 months later...
    • 2 months later...

Thought I'd add this one.

Named to Josslou(?) Louis, Sdt in 282 IR

The document is dated October 11th 1918, and signed by the President of the Regional Commission of the Jura (département)

Interestingly the authority that originally should have awarded this cerificateas preprinted on the form (Le commandant du Dépôt du.... Régiment) is striped trough and replace by a stamp of the above mentioned commission.

It seems that this commission also had other tasks as evidenced by the round stamp at the bottom, which next to the identification of this commission also reads "internement des prissoniers de guerre".

cheers

lh4

insigneblessdoc.jpg

• 10 months later...

To all,

I added this example to another thread before I realised that this specific thread existed. Here is my lone example. It is part of a French group of 7 that I have.

It has a really lovely patina on the surface of the enamel and is of a nice multi-part construction with the star a separate piece to the encircling wreath. The solder work is quite good and, despite the wreath being off centre, it shows a good standard of construction despite this being a relatively mass-produced item.

The fact that it has a slightly faded ribbon does not bother me and I prefer this to the brand new ribbon look as you can tell the items have been worn.

Regards,

Rob