News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

M1A2 SEP 120mm Abrams Tank

Guest IMHF

M1A2 SEP 120mm Abrams Tank 2005

Here are some pictures I took on a daily work day in the United States Army of my Unit's M1A2 SEP Tanks. We conducted Tank Gunnery and recovery all in one day.

Thank you for viewing:

Edited by IMHF

Nice piccies :cheers: What does the "SEP" mean?

M1A2 SYSTEM ENHANCEMENT PACKAGE (SEP)

In February 2001, GDLS were contracted to supply 240 M1A2 tanks with a System Enhancement Package (SEP) by 2004. The M1A2 SEP contains an embedded version of the US Army's Force XXI command and control architecture; new Raytheon Commander's Independent Thermal Viewer (CITV) with second generation thermal imager; commander's display for digital colour terrain maps; DRS Techologies second generation GEN II TIS thermal imaging gunner's sight with increased range; driver's integrated display and thermal management system.

Lorenzo,

I notice in the link there is a turret interior photo, is there still a restriction on those?

It would also interest me to how the "Chally" armed with the Rheinmetal L55, 120 mm smoothbore testing went compared to the BAE L30, 120mm rifled tank gun which is standard.

Regards Eddie

Lorenzo,

I notice in the link there is a turret interior photo, is there still a restriction on those?

It would also interest me to how the "Chally" armed with the Rheinmetal L55, 120 mm smoothbore testing went compared to the BAE L30, 120mm rifled tank gun which is standard.

Regards Eddie

Eddie

The picture of the interior of the turret is of an M1A1, I have pictures of the M1A2 SEP in my collection of pictures I took at work. The 120mm Smooth Bore has a larger depletated uranium round as the 105mm rifled gun is smaller. I my self prefer the Big Gun... Both Guns are made from German design as well as the breech.

SSG Luna, Lorenzo

Tankers are soooooo gay....

Long live the Infantry !!!!!!!!!! :-)

I was a Tanker for 11 years and now they have transitioned me to be a Cav Scout 19D30. I remember in 2003 Samara, Iraq they told us tankers to run over I.E.Ds with our tanks. We were loosing a lot of infantry guys due to small explosives. With the Tanks armor it would protect the crew, so we ran all over things. Some of the things we ran over were dead animals, garbage, boxes anything that my pose a threat to our fellow Infantry men. Then 3-67 Armor lost a M1A1 Tank and all of its crew due to an I.E.D. They stop making us run over things in the city of Samara. So I think Tankers and Infantry work togehter but running over I.E.Ds in Iraq is Gay.........

SSG Luna, Lorenzo

Edited by IMHF