News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Serbia - Original Chetnik items

Hi guys, Im a new member to this forum. I collect serbian/kingdom of jugoslavia militaria and have a few interesting items.

This was given to me a my fathers colleauge and close friend before he passed away.

Officers epaulets that go with the cap badge

Very nice items indeed, we hope to see more such items :).

Another one from the period prior to or during WWI.Unicate

And some photos of the chetniks wearing simular kokardes.

Још једна из истог периода-пре или у току првог рата,уникат.

И две слике четника са сличним кокардама.

Edited by ЧЕТНИК

It is my humble opinion that Kings Guardsmen`s badge from the periof from 1903-1918 was also used by the chetniks (they wher elite volonteer force anyway).Have a look and make your own judgement...

Моје је мишљење да су кокарде краљеве гарде из истог периода 1903-18 коришћене од стране четника, који су ионако били елитне добровољачке трупе. погледајте и прокоментаришите...

Here´s another officer guard cockade. Only officer´s used these big cockades for their fur kalpaks. Don´t believe it´s the same type of badge that the chetniks or komite used, "Komite" was the first name for "chetniks". It is said that the komite that fought vs the turks was the first "commandos" of the world. They fought behind enemy lines against the enemies man to man combat with knives and grenades. Sabotaged ammo depoes and other important objects. Only the best volonteers could assign. This was before ww1.

• 2 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...

Elipse cap badge King Petar II. I have not seen any other variants of this badge in Red Blue White. Usually in Kingdom of Yugoslavia colours Blue White Red.

The insignia PII is impossible to have on a Kingdom of Serbia cockade. There´s a lot of "homemixed" cockades. It´s like with the opposite, the PI insignia on a Kingdom of Yugoslavia cockade. The parts are all original but not right put together with the time periods :).

The King Petar II cockade is original as far as I know. They were given to me by an old man I respected like a grandfather. I have two of the badges that are exactly the same. Not sure on that one. Maybe made post WW2 in Germany or Italy? Interesting finish on the enamel, different to most other ellipse cockades.

• 1 month later...

This badge, it´s a bit different. Do you know which chetniks it belonged to exactly?

That I am not exactly sure of. The badge was left to my father by one of the old Chetniks before they passed away. My father was a young Chetnik at 16 at the start of the war. When he migrated to Australia, he was a lot younger then many of the others. My father was a leader in the Serbian community in Adelaide and was the president of the Serbian Cutural Club, as well as a historian (growing up my house was like a museum). Many of the older Chetniks passed away long before I was born (my father was 56 years old when I was born in 1981. When they became elderly or enfermed, some of them who had no family in Australia, entrusted their belongings to my father. I know some information about some of the men, however not about the man who owned this badge. I figure it is made during WW2 by local blacksmiths.

• 1 month later...

Hi

my name is colin and i have been going through some of my stepfathers personal items

he passed away some years ago but left a small suitecase with pictures ect in

when he passed away the internet had not really got going so it was difficult to get information.

He was from yugoslavia and I have since found out that he belonged to to Chetnik movement. He was a prisoner of the second world war in Stalag xc.

I have a hand made badge which i presume is the Chetnik movement and a document that came from london regarding the Chetnik movement.

I also have a small booklet that has lots on information on Draza Mihailovich.

please find the photo of the badge

colin

Edited by colinmcs

Hi do you have any photos of him in uniform or any other documents usually regular soliders were taken p.o.w. What was his name all this might help

Hi do you have any photos of him in uniform or any other documents usually regular soliders were taken p.o.w. Irregulars were often excecuted .What was his name all this might help this badge is a copy of the regimental standard central portion it says for king and fatherland Chetniks usually have sloboda ili smrt freedom or death or skull and crossbones however most Chetniks were regular army that acted as resistance movement or as irregular formations taking with them any army insignia they may have had or parts of uniforms

Edited by Nicknov

hi

i will sort some pictures out of him in uniform

the badge is hand made and looks like painted on canvas.

he also had a bookley all about draza mihilavich and it looks like he was in contact with an office of the movement in london

i will scan as many items as i can and could i email the direct to you?

regards colin

• 2 weeks later...

Its probably best if you post your info on this forum as there may be other members that may also wish to see the items and may even know some information or recognise the items if you still feel you wish to send me the pic directly please let me know I ll give you my e mail address I used to know a lot of older Chetniks in London years ago but now most have died. Names roughly where he lived and if known what part of his homeland he came originally from is very important. Regards nick

• 2 months later...

Hi, I've just been reading through this thread, and wondering if any of you can help me.

My Grandfather was a serb, lived in Knin and served in WWII. I have attached some photographs of him in uniform with others.

I don't really know a lot about him, my Grandmother banned him from talking about his past with his children, but I would really like to know more about his past.

img3637d.jpg

^^my grandfather is on the right^^

img3642s.jpg

here he is back row far left

img3644z.jpg

and here he is in the middle (trousers tucked into socks?)

any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks