News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Here is a nice photo that I have got with the name Major Georg Kraut - can someone please confirm that and give me a list of his awards.... I can`t make scans at the moment so the photo quality is not the best, sorry for that....

What I can see he has:

on the breast:

EK1

wound badge black

elephant order

Carl Eduard Kriegskreuz

on the neck:

some kind of SEHO with swords

on the bar:

EK2

2 hanseatic crosses (?)

red eagle 4

25y long service cross

DSWA-medal

Centenarmedal

SEHO

Bavaria MVO

Sachsen AO

???

colonial medal or china medal

???

waiting for your good ideas now.... :rolleyes:

Heiko

Hello Heiko:

the ref. book on officers serving in the Schutztruppe fuer Deutsch-Ostafrika 1914-1918 shows this picture as being of Maj. georg Kraut. He was with Gen.v.Lettow-Vorbeck until the end.

Time constraint now prevent me from listing his awards and I do not know how to post images etc. Of note is the white border of his hat indicating Schutztruppe fuer deutsch-Ostafrika.

Bernhard H. Holst

Hello Heiko:

Entries in the afore mentioned officers list shows the following awards for Maj. Georg Kraut :

R.A.O. 4.Kl.; Dienstausz.Kreuz; Bay.Mil.Verd.Orden 4.Kl., R.K.2.Kl, d. Grosshzgl.Hessisch.Verd.Ordens Philipps des Grossmuetugen; R.K.2.Kl. des Saechs.-Ernest.Hausordens and des Kgl.Saechs.Albrechts-Ordens. R.K.des Bulg.St.Alexander-Ordens, Russ. St.Stanislaus ordens 3.Kl. Eis.Kreuz 2.Kl.2.Sep.1916.

the above listing may not be complete because some awards were not bestowed until after his return to Germany in 1919.

On a personal note I would like to point out that Gen. Wahle, Maj.G.Kraut, Hptm. (later Gen.Maj.z.V.) Th. Tafel and of course Gen.v.Lettow-Vorbeck were well known to youth (incl.this writer) through the various writings popular prior to 1945.

Bernhard H. Holst