News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Schinkel Form EKs

• Replies 170
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Limited??? ohmy.gif

You do realise you're killing me here!!!

I guess if you have to be "limited", that's the way to go. Very nice crosses and medal bars. Thanks for sharing these, I love seeing them.

I'd love to find one of those A types on a parade mount.

• 1 month later...
    • 2 months later...

I seem to have the more common one on the market, larger & lower date and by all accounts it looks like the swas it bigger on mine too. That is comparing to the 'normal' schinkel type not the pointy nine example.

I've seen several of these for sale and seldom the smaller date/swas one.

Kr

Marcus

Edited by Marcus H

Hi@all,

after reading George's thread about Meybauer pinbacks in another forum I would like to pick it up again....This "Schinkel" EK1 dropped in a few days ago-and since it arrived I don't know what to do with it! My first thought was:boah,beautyful Meybauer Schinkel-but then I realized that I've never heard anything about this version....then I was reading George's thread and I thought everything is fine....

After posting my cross at the biggest german forum(with the thumb down by everybody) I would like to discuss it here,because I hope to get some better opinions like"fake,bad ugly fake".But let pictures speak........

Micha

I'm wondering if this "Copy of the Week" from Detlev (who, incidentally, sold me a Schinkel-form EK 1 absolutely identical to Micha's) is causing some of the apparent confusion? This Copy is NOT like my cross or Micha's. The numbers are different, as is the beading, and the hinge.

Edited by George Stimson

That's possible.But I think my scans are good enough to see that DNs copy of the week is a different cross to ours....I would whish these EKs are real,but we should find out more about it. Unfortunately I haven't got a TR period Meybauer with the "early" pin in my collection.Think I will scan it again with 1200 dpi for more details.

Micha

Although I sold all of my early unmarked Meybauer's, I still have one in my collection (I saved the best one.) that I would be willing to post for comparison of the pin, hinge and clasp if you like? Let me know. . . Edited by Bill Garvy