News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

belgian Order of Leopold l

Laurence,

Go and take a magnifying glass to have a look at the suspension ring when you have a minute : you might find a "850" or "950" silver mark denoting the cross is silver ... if not, no worries : silvered bronze ones are nice too !

Cheers,

Hendrik

Hello Paul,

Thanks for the words of welcome.

The Order of Leopold I is primarily a long service award. The one Laurence has is of the military division, recognizable by the crossed swords under the crown suspension. The civil division has nothing there, the maritime division sports crossed anchors.

More on this subject and the other Belgian orders etc. can be found on my website at www.medals.be

Hello Paul,

Thanks for the words of welcome.

The Order of Leopold I is primarily a long service award. The one Laurence has is of the military division, recognizable by the crossed swords under the crown suspension. The civil division has nothing there, the maritime division sports crossed anchors.

More on this subject and the other Belgian orders etc. can be found on my website at www.medals.be

Hendrik, what a fantastic website :beer: I guess, you are the same Hendrik? Did you make it yourself?

Again, great work :cheers:

• 1 month later...

Latest arrival with respect to this order : Commander's neck badge, civil division, bilingual. Belonged to the same chap as the breast star of the Leopold II Order in another thread and was also manufactured in '950' silver by Fisch of Brussels.

[attachmentid=24187] [attachmentid=24189]

• 1 month later...
    • 3 weeks later...

Breast star of the grand Cross, civilian division, made by P. De Greef

Hello Guy,

Gorgeous Grand Cross set ... any pictures available of a military division set ? Anyone ? And, dare I ask, of a maritime division set ?

Cheers,

Hendrik

• 1 month later...

Sorry, but normally there can not be swords on the civilian division, it has to be a Military divission (swords bestween the cross an the crown) , but it happens more , so the palm is only for the military division and the golden stripe(s) ans stars on the ribbon are only for the civilian division

[attachmentid=41696]Hello Gents,

Only to give an idea how such a medal is made. Of course there are more steps, but I'm afraid I only have three items.

Jef

Wonderfull Jeff,

let's make our own orders of Leopold ;)

But one should be able to enamel them, otherwise we obtain quite blunt medals.....

OK, Jacky, let's have enamel it . Jef

[attachmentid=41702]

Grrrrreat.

let's hope you won't try to sell them on!! ;)

But that would be an other thread :P

Don't worry, Jacky. They are framed as didactic items, and that's attractive too.

Jef