News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

THE LIVERPOOL PALS.

25340,Pte,Thomas Baker, ,19th batt,liverpool regt kia,28/03/18,MM,lg,18/06/17.from wavertree,liverpool.

do not have his 14/15 trio or deathpenny.

is there any other pals collectors out there.

joe

Edited by rumjar

The 3rd pals transport section sgt george to the left.

Hello Joe my name is Mark I work for Sefton council we have a lottery funded project just starting, part of which is researching Sniggery camp at Little Crosby, we have found a ground plan from the 20's I believe the 3RD Battalion used this camp in 1914 if you have any pictures from this time or any other info it would be very welcome.

Thanks Mark

Hi mark,

I cannot find any record of the 20th pals being at that camp can you check your info again.

as i have them down as being at Knotty ash-Tournament Hall,Hooton park.

Sefton park,Knowsley park,Prescott watch factory.

joe.

• 2 years later...

I know its a bit late after original posting, but wonderful stuff Rumjar! Do you have any names for the photographs? Looking for a great uncle Philip Sidney Houlgrave who signed up in 1914 and served with the 19th Battalion. Died from wounds in April 1918. Many thanks

Denis

Hi Joe

Thanks for getting back so quickly. I'm afraid I don't have any photo's but wondered if he may have been indicated on any of your images. He was only 5' 5" tall and weighed 175lbs and he smoked a pipe (like most) so potentially first left, bottom row of 'diggers' photo above (long shot I know!). I'm aware this is more of a genealogy question rather than a collectors issue so may be inappropriate for here. I'm sure this would be great subject for the Merseygenealolgy website ( a liverpool based genealogy forum that is amazingly helpful at finding out old relatives) and they may be able to assist with putting names to faces.

cheers

Denis