News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Detailed Baden Award Lists for NCOs

Guest Rick Research

1) How did you FIND that

2) for which regiments?

3) you're going to Karlsruhe?

OK, that's about as long distance as long distance can get. So before you go:

The award rolls for the Military Karl Friedrich Verdienst Medal are already published, and I have copies-- so don't worry about those. (True, they have NO date of births etc)

Now, since Sascha has been remarkably lax in walking down the street :speechless1: and getting things from the Archive--

while you are there, if you could check to see if they have ANY Z?hringen Lion rolls which look like the above and NOT these stupid engraved on the head of a pin Idiot Format Pages Roll---->

i.e. nice LEGIBLE Z?hringen rolls

that would be very very very VERY nice indeed. Especially from June 1918 on when the INK wore out on the Idiot Format pages. :catjava:

It will be part of my mission. :ninja:

The above list is from my Grandfather's Regiment RFAR52 - He is #5.

I believe that the detailed info on the awards is to be found in the regimental Diaries, rather than the Grossherz?gliche Ordensrollen

Guest Rick Research

Ahhh. Decentralized records-- the bane of every Research Gnome's existence. So little TIME, so little TIME!!!! :cheers:

They should have a Stammrollen Auszug for him in there somewhere. That would be a find.

Can you keep us posted, or will you be incommunicado for the length of your trip?

Now, since Sascha has been remarkably lax in walking down the street :speechless1: and getting things from the Archive--

:unsure:

I guess I just need someone who tells me EXACTELY what to do there, and what would be really needed... peace time Z?hringer migth have nicer rolls, I cannot imagine that insane unusefull list has been used ever since... :banger:

Guest Rick Research

First you have to go and find out if they are nice there and like odd people such as us. Then you need to see what they actually HAVE on their shelves. Gnomes are lazy and will do nice easy rolls first. :rolleyes:

A peacetime Nice Roll of Z?hringens would be very very nice-- thank you for volunteering. :catjava:

I have the list of people who had Lions and were alive in 1862 from that Hof und Staats Handbuch:

• 5 years later...