News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The 1914 Eks with blued core

Again my favourite iron crosses.I've tried to put all different Types and variations together in one thrad.unfortunately my collection is far away from being complete!

Before I will start with the pictures I will tell you some thoughts about these crosses.It's my belive that none of these crosses have been made in Austria.I have no doubts that some crosses have been sold by Rothe in their shop as we have been told by one of our members here. But( I know there's always a but....) there are two traces to other makers(or may be buyers of components).The first one is an identical core used in an LDO stamped piece.The 2nd one is........... :rolleyes: let me say it's interesting.

But back to the crosses I want to talk about. Two known Core types. In both classes. I think all of these EKs came from the same maker.If you have a look at the reverses of the 2nd classes-they are identical.

And.......there's a "mixed" fist class I will show later(that example is not in my collection and I had to borrow the pictures at the WAF.

Enough talking-enjoy the pictures and make your self some thoughts about the possible makers of these wonderful iron crosses.

Micha

Let me start with the Type I-the pumpkin crown examples . Known variations: stamped with "800"/"930" or they are coming unmarked.I've never seen an example being stamped at the pin.Both classes-I haven't got a screwback example but I'm sure they exist.

First the 2nd class

• Replies 58
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now a special one-I've never seen this one complete(except in an older auction catalogue) My example is unfortunately incomplete-the disc is missing. Both pictures of that disc are here from the forum(an old thread about the mecklemburg FF crosses 1st class).That FF cross belongs to the David Gregory collection.

And here is the hybrid piece(stdub collection) The obverse is definitely a type I,but have a look at the reverse-TypeII! Pin and the marking "SILBER" you find normally at Type II crosses. The hooks are added by a jeweller (my believe).