News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Napoleonic Documents

Bear

• Replies 358
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 hours ago, ColinRF said:

Jaybo - two terrific pieces beautifully presented. Congrats.

colin

On 19/03/2011 at 15:17, Jaybo said:

Hi Colin,

Thanks again for your much appreciated assistance. I got the high resolution digital image of Gerard's Ney from RMN via Art Resource, their North American distributor. Thanks to yours truly it can now be seen and available on the RMN website ($150). A professional printing company here in Grand Rapids reproduced 4 different 8" x 10" images for me on acid free paper ($125). They did a fantastic job. I then had it professionally framed by a woman I always go to for 'my stuff' (my wife says that I am running out of walls!-$300). The cost of the letter was around $550. The result of having a shadow of 'Le brave des braves'around our house-priceless!

The letter came from the collection/estate of Marshal Soult with provenance. It is a letter from Ney to Soult in August of 1809 in Spain. It has a great autograph and post scriptum. I'll try posting some images with my wife's assistance soon.

All the best,

Jay

Better late than never? Ney & d'Hautpoul   :   1302733319_IMG_28451.thumb.jpg.42b36f70a4d7d1b58bca8713943d1991.jpg

I got my Ney on eBay for a silly low price. Not as nice as yours of course.

My special Ney is a contemporary copy of Gerard painted by Ny portrait artist Ezra Ames c. 1810. Also an eBay find. It hangs over the fire place and has the special place of honour in the house. Not sure if I posted that here before....probably somewhere.

And I also add my own painting on a 200mm resin bust by Alexandros.

cheers

Colin

IMG_0746.JPG

IMG_1953.JPG

• 2 years later...
    • 5 months later...
    • 6 months later...