News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Named EK I 1914

Brian... even were I to "inherit" your collection... I would not want it for a loooooooooooooooooong time to come. Would rather have you around... you're infinitely more important!!!! jumping.gifjumping.gifbeer.gif

Dan cheers.gif

Dan,

Now I'll have to leave you my cabinet shop as well. :lol:

Many regards

Brian

• Replies 53
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dan,

Now I'll have to leave you my cabinet shop as well. :lol:

Many regards

Brian

Would still rather have you around for tons of years to come... work on that and see what you can do. jumping.gifjumping.gifcheers.gif

I am very sorry though that none of your family are intro'd in your collection. Thankfully my son does have an interest... he's just so busy being a young man of 20 going on 21 that he's not taking the time he should to learn about it all while I'm still able to pass all that along. But I think he will before too much longer. Here's hoping! beer.gif

Dan cheers.gif

I'm in agreement with Chris. If I had someones family medals and they passionately wanted them for the right reasons I'd gladly let them have them for the price I paid or less if they couldn't afford them. Providing of course that they were genuine, decent folk.

On the other hand, I am searching for my ancestor's medals and should I ever locate them I'd happily pay through the nose if necessary. I could not expect that the current keeper should return them to me as if by some right.

The matter is purely at the discretion of the individuals concerned. Once the medals are lost to a family then they must be purchased again. I'd also love my Dad's Vincent Rapide but if I ever found it I'm sure that it would cost more than the £500-00 he paid for it in the 50's!

Picture the scene; "That motorcycle belonged to my father so here's £500, you shouldn't expect to keep it!"