News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Luftlande-Sturm Rgt 1 Fallschirmjager Wehrpass

Due to a yawning gap in both my Award Urkunde & WP/SB collections for items associated with the Fallschirmjager I decided that the primary aim for 2011 would be to obtain items related to FJ to fill that gap, at least a little. One thing I can not get excited about when it comes to Soldbucher/Wehrpasses are those ones that relate to men being assigned to the elite units very late in the war when the need for manpower outweighed the need for sufficient training etc and so men from the Kriegsmarine & Luftwaffe found themselves assigned to the Para's, Grossdeutschland, W-SS units in the last 6-8 months of the war, the so called barrel-scraping recruits. And so I was lucky enough to see this Wehrpass listed on a dealer site to a Fallschirmjager (Oberjäger Günther Komorowski) who joined the Paratroopers late in 1940 and was assigned to Luftlande-Sturm Regiment 1 just three months after that units exploits at Eben Emael.

Edited by hucks216

As can be seen he joined the IV Battalion of LL-Sturm Rgt 1 before its exploits at Crete and he effectively remained with it until July 1944 during which it underwent various name changes and re-assignments until it eventually became 14./FJ Regiment 11 of the 4 Fallschirmjager Division.There is nothing in the WP that indicates why his service stopped in July 1944, and he is not listed in the Volksbund Database as being KIA/MIA.

Edited by hucks216

Here are his other awards, inluding the EK II & cuffband for Crete. He received the Wound Badge In Black in September 1941 for a wound he received at Crete on 25th May 1941. The signature for the Cuffband entry is that of Kurt Wolf who won the DKiG on 8th March 1942 in Russia.

Here are the Campaign entries showing his service in Crete, Russia and Italy. While he was with 4 FJ Division from late 1943 (when it was being formed), during the period of the Allied landing at Anzio he was assigned to its Kampfschule. At the moment I don't know if those at the Kampfschule were used during the German attempts to contain the Allied Bridgehead, although the rest of 4 FJ Division did see action there.

And finally a piece of paper that lists the days of combat which went towards the Luftwaffe Ground Assault Badge (backdated) and shows that Günther Komorowski fought at Maleme Airfield and Hill 107 on Crete, with 2 of those days being noted as close combat days.