News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Israel.

Georg14

Good Day, Gentleman! I understand that it concerns to Six-Day war, but may be somebody knows is it medal(award) or kind of commemorative badge? What ribbon should be? Thanks.

P.S. Big connecting ring is not original, silvered bronze, 31 mm. G.

Edited by Georg14

I believe its strictly commemorative, (key fob?) I have seen a larger version of

this (as a Table medal)and with far better detail, depicting Moshe Dyan leading Israeli Paras

to the Wailing Wall in Jerusalem I will try to locate a picture amongst my DVD discs.

Kevin in Deva. :cheers:

Good Morning! My opinion was the same too and I have been surprised to see the same with follow description: "EXTREMELY RARE ISRAELI MEDAL AWARDED ONLY TO THE SOLDIERS WHO LIBERATED JERUSALEM DURING THE SIX DAY WAR IN JUNE 1967. VERY HARD TO FIND EVEN IN ISRAEL" http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item3cb6696a34 … joker :D! Many thanks :beer:.

Edited by Georg14

Hallo Georg14, :cheers:

I took a look through the sellers items (militaria section) he has a lot of genuine items but

fails to be able to differentiate between unofficial commemorative pieces / key ring types,

there are a lot of obvious copies, but, I doubt he is able to tell the difference and he even features some of the fantasy Chinese communist medals, he probably bought by the bucket load, his item prices, and particularly postal prices (example 21 US dollars to send 5 pressed metal cap-badges) do not reflect realistic postal charges, even from Israel.

I am not saying he is out to cheat anybody, but, would advise anybody interested in items there to be careful and expend a few minutes looking around the inter-net for a similar item,

I feel it could be found at a far cheaper price.

Kevin in Deva. :beer: