News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

FAR - Captain's jacket

Riker87

• 1 year later...

Can I please see some closeups of the insignia? Are there any holes for awards or Guards Badge? I was able to get a Cuban Guards Badge from a Cuban while serving on a ship in the Gulf of Mexico. How many Guards units are there in Cuba?

Here are some closeups. I hope it's ok for you. No, there isn't any hole. Only my white Navy uniform has a hole for the academy badge. What do you exactly mean with "Guards units"? I only know the following units:

- Unidad de guardia de honor a nuestro heroe nacional José Martí (Santiago de Cuba)

(engl.: Unit of the honor guard of our national hero José Martí)

- Unidad de ceremonias - MININT

(engl.: Ceremonial unit - Ministry of the Interior)

- Unidad especial ceremonias - FAR

(engl.: special ceremonial unit - Revolutionary armed forces)

SDC10845.jpg

SDC10847.jpg

Edited by Riker87

Beautiful tunic. I really do like it a lot.

A Guards unit is a unit that disting

uished itself and received an Honorary "Guards" Title. A few Soviet units won this distinction for heroism during the Revolution and during WW2.

Here is an image of the Cuban Guards badge that I have.

EDIT: For some reason, I cannot post a photo...

Here is a link to the badge I am talking about.

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php/topic/35267-cuban-guards-badge/?hl=cuban#entry384352

Beautiful tunic. I really do like it a lot.

A Guards unit is a unit that disting

uished itself and received an Honorary "Guards" Title. A few Soviet units won this distinction for heroism during the Revolution and during WW2.

Here is an image of the Cuban Guards badge that I have.

EDIT: For some reason, I cannot post a photo...

Here is a link to the badge I am talking about.

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php/topic/35267-cuban-guards-badge/?hl=cuban#entry384352

Ok.^^ I've got this "guard" badge too. But I don't know if those titles were ever awarded in Cuba.

I didn't pay anything for this jacket + hat. It was a present of my father's friend (who is married with the cousin of my father) to me. He served a long time in the FAR, now he works in a big factory and he is lieutenant colonel of the reseve troops. The most parts of my cuban collection is directly from Cuba.