News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Nationalist Medal for Japanese Comrades

JapanX

Very interesting and practically unknow (at least to me ;)) award.

Not much info (as always).

This one was issued by Republican government to "japanese comrades who participated or/and provided help to Chinese Revolution".

The exact period of issuing is unknown, but most likely it was established after 1928 and (for obvious reasons) was issued only for a few years.

Made in silver.

Central medallion bears Sun Yat-sen portrait.

Obverse (unfortunately I don`t have photos of reverse and the box)

Enjoy :cheers:

Nick

Very interesting to see what a proper, original medal with a profile looks like.

Unlike those ghastly Chinese knock-offs with their soul-less, staring eyes ...

Thanks for posting Nick!

Hi Gavin!

Good to see your post as I haven't heard from you in awhile. Nick says that the gentleman on the medal is Dr. Sun Yat-Sen. What are your thoughts? He seems to look rather young (of course everone appears to look young to me now that I am in my eighties).

Best Regards,

Dick

Nick says that the gentleman on the medal is Dr. Sun Yat-Sen. What are your thoughts? He seems to look rather young (of course everone appears to look young to me now that I am in my eighties).

Eighties or no eighties, but you are definetely on alert! :lol:

Gentleman. I should have known never to doubt Nick. I certainly was wrong. That is indeed the founder of the Republic. Here is a snapshot I took of him while we were on vacation (only fooling)

Yep, this doctor looks familiar :cheers:

Edited by JapanX