News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Breast Star of the Order of the Chrysanthemum at eBay

JapanX

I wonder if eBay is the best place for selling such heavyweights ...

Anyway seller wrote that

"This is a completely new high-precision copy Its material is pure Silver 925"

:lol:

I assure you that this piece is for real and it came from late Meiji/Taisho epoch.

Edited by JapanX

If it is indeed "high-precision copy", then it has quite realistical (and usual for Chrysanthemum breast stars) enamel cracks ...

Yes, NEW cracks, manufactured to the highest precision! Like buying NEW jeans complete with holes and wear already built in. ;)

Yes, NEW cracks, manufactured to the highest precision! Like buying NEW jeans complete with holes and wear already built in. ;)

Looks like you are not among potential buyers :lol:

Couple of years ago you really liked these :whistle: :lol:

You are intriguing me :lol:

The real ones?!

Well, could you tell us why you think this eBay piece is a fake :whistle:

Let's just say I avoid anything being sold out of China or Taiwan.....

Stereotypes can be very dangerous ;)

This piece is original and it came from Meiji epoch.

The price is already $1000+

I wonder what the hammer price will be :whistle:

Edited by JapanX

Why didn't you buy it?

:whistle:

Guess many feel if it's too good to be true it usually is

On photos we see 100% authentic Meiji Chrysanthemum

The probability that this breast star will be actually mailed to happy winner of the auction is about 0,01%.

Seller has no previous "seller history".

No min threshold price was set, which is plain crazy.

40-50 days period for shipping?! Are you kidding me?

Shipping costs 50$ to US? How this is possible?!

Not to mention the other auction for the medal that has no pictures at all and if you ask for them seller will give you this quite eccentric reply "Sorry this is set up for a specific buyer by stores if buyers fail and I will publish it".

My guess the breast star is "set up" too ;)

Agree 100% with Nick (sometimes that happens, Nick!). The picture obviously showed an authentic piece. The numerous red flags Nick mentioned were enough to scare off everyone--except a couple brave souls. Even with pay pal's generous refunding of money, by the time a claim would be filed, the money would be long gone.

Agree 100% with Nick (sometimes that happens, Nick!).

I feel lucky today :lol:

...except a couple brave souls.

We should find out the names of these four daredevils ...

1ad9944db1335eb023bf49ad75b9ae67.gif

For phaleristic Hall of Fame ...

Even with pay pal's generous refunding of money, by the time a claim would be filed, the money would be long gone.

I only hope that this so-called winner is reading this forum ....

Instead of drinking third bottle of Dom Ruinart vintage 1998 and listening "Celebration" on reverse

If you are looking for Japanese medals, go to Japan and look for them. I doubt many native Taiwanese were awarded any during the occupation period and also doubt local Chinese were awarded the general type of medals during WWII. So of course you can't find Japanese medals in China or Taiwan, why look??

Sorry but making generalizations is human nature--and often these are based on truth. Chinese make a tremendous number of fakes of all sorts, especially medals and porcelain, and indeed are proud of their ability to deceive (see various documentaries such as Natl Geo). So doubting something because it is being sent from China or Taiwan is, IMO, common sense.

That being said, of course there are honest sellers in those countries, and in every country. One must be careful, though.

Edited by fukuoka

If you are looking for Japanese medals, go to Japan and look for them. I doubt many native Taiwanese were awarded any during the occupation period and also doubt local Chinese were awarded the general type of medals during WWII. So of course you can't find Japanese medals in China or Taiwan, why look??

I do not understand your point.

Like I said.

I found many good medals on Taiwan. But don't make generalizations.

Good for you. I'll generalize all I want. Fakes, copies, piracy, scams, rip-offs, whatever - from China and Taiwan - well established in collecting circles, not only medals. Pretty much everything.

I only buy (medals) from Japan, the occasional American buy, and the occasional buy from a reputable seller in England we all know. ;)

• 3 months later...

Check it out guys!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JAPANESE-Old-Medal-3th-Order-Of-The-Rising-Sun-MEDAL-Beautiful-/121020204505?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c2d5dc5d9

Looks like azzzzzzzzzzzzz is really into Japanese decorations...

I saw this fake (ok, if you wish replica :)) 3rd class at YahooJapan once :whistle:

Really like this nice touch: "Shipping: $100.00 FedEx International Economy"

And the price is already $329!!!

I wonder if it will turn out to be a disaterous bidding war? Did you notice where the seller was from in the Y!JA auction? Same selling location, or is this seller picking up cheap replicas and then passing them off as originals?