News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Miniatures of Modern Russian Orders and Medals

JapanX

• Replies 107
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Phil,

the image you posted was originally made inside official mint shop.

Only cavaliers of original order can buy its miniatures (buyer will be asked to show his ordenskaya knizka/order book ;)).

Best,

Nick

• 2 months later...

Here are the pics, the links will be dead soon as the auctions will terminate. Definitely a difference in quality...

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_12_2013/post-3030-0-57487800-1387230379.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_12_2013/post-3030-0-96490600-1387230386.jpg

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Sowjetunion-Ordensminiaturen-16-mm-3-Stueck-/321189699136?pt=Militaria&hash=item4ac865de40

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Sowjetunion-Ordensminiaturen-16-mm-3-Stuck-/321189699147?pt=Militaria&hash=item4ac865de4b

Edited by TacHel

Fake minis? No such thing as a fake mini... Cheaper mini... But fake? That's a new one.

Minis are private purchase items for wear on mess kits or civilian clothing. The individual bestowee/purchaser can buy any quality/price mini(s) he/she desires.

Is this different in Russia? I'm not being argumentative, I'm asking honestly.

As per today there are only three officially authorized manufacturers of minis (of medals and orders) in Russia

a) MMD

b) SpMD

c) "Symbol of Capital" company

As for the process of buying official minis - see post #53 and post #1.

Quality of pieces in post #60 is simply terrible (even for "Symbol of Capital" company) ...

It looks like like unofficial mini of victory medal in post #41 could be made by the same "manufacturer" as minis in post #60.

I don't know about soviet minis, bit unauthorized manufacturing of modern russian minis can be classified as counterfeiting of official awards.

P.S. Current market prices for official minis vary between $130 and $160 per piece.

It looks like like unofficial mini of victory medal in post #41 could be made by the same "manufacturer" as minis in post #60.

I don't know about soviet minis, bit unauthorized manufacturing of modern russian minis can be classified as counterfeiting of official awards.

P.S. Current market prices for official minis vary between $130 and $160 per piece.

Minis are considered official awards? Holy crap! :o It is different in Russia... :violent:

At $130 to $160 a pop, most vets couldn't afford minis over here. My own minis cost me just over $200 only because I have 2 orders, and I found that pretty expensive... In Russia I would've had to pay well over $1,000... Dang! How can vets afford that? :unsure:

Back to the soviet miniatures.

Yes, 90 trial pieces were made by Leningrad Mint in 1964 ;)

We are talking about orders of Lenin, RB, LRB and 1st, 2nd and 3rd classes of Kutuzov

Here we have official model of Lenin miniature with description

All 90 miniatures were ready on April 18, 1964.

Next stage of "soviet miniature making" began in 1970.

It is known that in 1970 mint made 105 pieces (21 variant) of different orders amnd medals miniatures and another 75 (15 variants of 1st and 2nd class Kutuzov miniatures) in 1971.