News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

bayerische militärverdienstkreuz 3+2+1 Klasse

Hello Chris,

both are from the manufacturer Deschler. The MVK with crown is marked on the backside of the swordblade. You will see a little "D".

I'm able to show you the 5 different manufacturers, and their variants, but give me a little bit time.

Regards Andreas

Hello,

here my newest entrys.

Hemmerle second and third class with swords, third model, early type (1914).

That were the first models of the 1914 type. The swords are bigger than the following models.

The box of the silver cross has the size like the box of MVO.

The third class is placed in a regular box.

Regards Andreas

Hi Andreas, i thought ones of the above ones i showed above had the swords from one company and medal from another?

Hello Chris,

that was a MVK 3. class with crown and swords. The cross was Hemmerle, the swords Deschler.

You said, it belongs to a bar or to a konvolut.

The last pictures are two MVK with swords from Deschler and one MVK crown/swords from Weiss

I think i have to visit you again, to find the mixed cross.

Regards Andreas

Hello to all,

a lot of users in this CMIC-forum own bavarian MVK's.

I want to give all MVK-collectors some pictures to see the differences between the five producers of MVK during wartime-models.

To show all variants is not possible for me, because i don't know all variants, but I want to show the main variants.

All the variants are third classes with swords.from my collection.

Lets start with Leser.

Leser has three variants. It differs in the ringholder and the swordsquillons.

You see from left to right Typ 1 (1914), Type 2 (- 1916) and Typ 3.

Leser produces all classes of the MVK.

Regards Andreas

Next is Hemmerle,

Hemmerle has three main variants. The second variant has differences in agraffe and swordsquillons.

Hemmerle produces all classes of the MVK in wartime.

You see from left to right.

Early typ 1 with thick swords, Type 2a and 2 b with different agraffes, and type 3 with a new kind of swords.

Other differences are GH-markings, different medaillons, form of the crossarms, etc.

Third producer is Weiss

Weiss has the biggest swordgrips. Differences are in the medaillons. Look at the tail of the lion. There is a lion with one tail and a lion with a double-tail.

Another variation is a onepiece-variation, only known in the third class with swords and crown/swords variant.

The one-piece variant was produced at the end of war.

Weiss produces all classes, without the first class crown/swords variant

Edited by spolei

Lauer produces for the bavarian Ordenskanzlei till 1916, then after the WW1.

Lauer produces third and second classes of the MVK.

We differ two types. Typ1 with strong swords (right side) and Type 2 (left side)

The fifth producer is Deschler. In 1918 deschler produces one-piece variants in the different materials ferrous-metal and zinc.

Look at the agraffe of the one-piece-variants, there is available a lot of excess material .

Deschler is a widespresat variant and ther are a lot of small differences here the main variants.

Left the regular model wit seperat medaillons. In the middle one piece ferrous-metal and left side one-piece zinc.

Deschler made second and third classes of MVK.