News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Props of Soviet Orders

• Replies 93
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why would there be maker marks on the backs of props made only to be seen from the obverse? I think that some of these are unfinished(missing hand engraved SNs) fakes meant to be sold as real?

Why would there be maker marks on the backs of props made only to be seen from the obverse? I think that some of these are unfinished(missing hand engraved SNs) fakes meant to be sold as real?

To make them more "real" and distinguish them from the real orders some of the fakes now a days have a serial, that keeps repeating itself for each award that is minted. so you have for example a billion 112456 (just an example) that you know isn't real because if you run the number off google or do research for it, it may come back as an incorrect order or medal.

When I look at the piece from post #11 I start to think that they might :whistle:

We had something similar in Serbian orders and medals, the molds ended up being sold privately and then some fake guy caught hold of them :S :(

Edited by Rogi

Hehe,

Let's be clear: these theater awards, you can find them almost every week at Izmaïlovo Market in North of Moscow.

The Museum copies are of far most better quality, indeed. I have dozens of pics of these, from major museums of Moscow or other USSR cities.

Will post some of them later...

Cheers.

Ch.

Hehe,Let's be clear: these theater awards, you can find them almost every week at Izmaïlovo Market in North of Moscow

If these are from Izmaïlovo, then they are definitely "theatrical awards" :lol: