News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Well it is definitely an original Wolseley pattern helmet with an RAMC (Royal Army Medical Corps) flash on the pugarree. However, the flash looks fairly new and current to me .. like a TRF or DZ Flash. Not sure what flash the RAMC would've worn in the pre WWII era.

• 3 weeks later...

Appears to be post 1939

The Royal Army Medical Corps

The 1929 Regulations give a 'cloth patch 3" x 2". blue ground, plum edges with a yellow
    stripe through centre'. This is altered in the 1939 edition to read 'Silk ribbon 3"
    x 2" in the Corps colours, arranged vertically on stiff background, colours each 2/3" wide; dull
    cherry worn to the front', the other colours being dark blue and old gold. According to the
    Corps Museum the patch was worn with the old gold stripe to the front .

27zci94.jpg

Edited by jocktamson

• 4 weeks later...
    • 2 years later...
    On ‎01‎/‎08‎/‎2013 at 18:42, theironduke1 said:

Well it is definitely an original Wolseley pattern helmet with an RAMC (Royal Army Medical Corps) flash on the pugarree. However, the flash looks fairly new and current to me .. like a TRF or DZ Flash. Not sure what flash the RAMC would've worn in the pre WWII era.

I can say with certainty that this flash is not a current TRF/DZ flash.