News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Awards for the Defense of Brest Fortress

If you are thinking about special awards then no, there were no special awards ...

Not many standards awards either ...

Only about 200 participants got their medals and orders.

Only two became HSU - Major Gavrilov and Lieutenant Kigevatov.

Abakumova R.I. - order of red star

Kostygov E.N. - OGPW 2nd class + order of red star

Makarov G.S. - order of red star + medals

Markov S.S. medal for the victory over Germany

etc ..

Here is a list of known defenders

http://www.fire-of-war.ru/Brest-fortress/citadelnames_books.htm

Another list (with photos)

http://forum.patriotcenter.ru/index.php?topic=1544.390

Thanks! I was asking about just what you provided. Orders, BMs, and CSMs for the participants of that battle. These must have all been awarded post war, right? Were they not all captured by the Germans? Also, I did not think that Stalin had too much positive to say about those who became prisoners of war.

What was the name of the Musician Cadet(boy) who was the center of the action in the movie? What did he end up getting? Were there any of the higher orders given for this battle, or was the ORS the highest(other than the two Heroes)?

I have watched it! It is a great movie. I just wonder what happened to these people after the battle.

If I remember correctly, they had a spot at the end of the movie indicating who received what order and such from the Defense. It was something from 57 to 69 or something that they awarded most of the orders, I know there was a Lenin and a couple HSUs indicated in the movie. Although I'm not sure if they were awarded for real or not :D but its worth double checking.

These must have all been awarded post war, right? Were they not all captured by the Germans? Also, I did not think that Stalin had too much positive to say about those who became prisoners of war.

Most of them, but not all.

Some went to partisans...

What was the name of the Musician Cadet(boy) who was the center of the action in the movie? What did he end up getting? Were there any of the higher orders given for this battle, or was the ORS the highest(other than the two Heroes)?

The prototype of Sasha in the film is Petr Pavlovich Kotelnikov

Edited by JapanX

• 10 months later...