News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello gentleman,

I just wanted to show you a medal bar I acquired a few weeks ago. I traded this one against some other medal bars. It comes with documents as you can see.

It is not an offiziersspange but I am very happy with it, hope you like it too.

Greetings from Flanders,

Poulton Palmer

Guest Rick Research

Oh, wonderful group! The Mecklenburg long service awards are quite scarce. Who is that? We've been working on the 1914-1918 MMV rolls, so having full career data on this fellow (especially his birth information, final military rank and what he was in the Third Reich civil service) will be most useful.

Very, very nice bar... these Mecklenburg LS awards are scarcely seen on bars... but such a complete documented set, it's quite unique. So many things have been lost or irreducibly taken apart. Therefore to see such a complete group it's always nice and let hope all of us, that there aren't so few of them left or even better, groups that have been split and are being pulled together again by very conscientious fellow collectors and history enthusiasts, who have fortunately the financial means (yes, it is quite an expensive hobby), patience and knowledge to do so.

Congrats! :beer:

Oh, wonderful group! The Mecklenburg long service awards are quite scarce. Who is that? We've been working on the 1914-1918 MMV rolls, so having full career data on this fellow (especially his birth information, final military rank and what he was in the Third Reich civil service) will be most useful.

This grouping belongs to:

• Clemens Wulf;
    • Born 24 november 1877 in Kleinenberg (Büren);
    • Married 19 feb 1905 with 2 sons;
    • Starts his career at 15 october 1895 at the 4 kompanie unteroffiziersschule Biebrich (don't know if I read this correct); As of 1/10/1904 he transfers to 2 Kon. großherz. Mecklb. Inf. Regiment No. 90; later transfered to Landwehr Inf. regiment 80;
    • Promotions:
    1. 14/9/11898 obergefreiter (hard to read);
    2. 01/04/199 Unteroffizier;
    3. 18/06/1901 Sergeant;
    4. 25/101904 ..... Vizefeldwebel;
    5. 1/11/1904 ...... Vizefeldwebel;
    6. 21/12/1904 ...... Feldwebel;
    7. 29/10/1918 Offiziersstelvertreter.

Accompanying documentation:

• Militärpaß mit Hülle;
    • Zivilversorgungsschein;
    • Mitglieds-Paß of the Soldatenbund;
    • Anleitung für Führung etc des deutschen Reichskriegerbundes;
    • Mitgliedsbuch Deutscher Kriegerbund;
    • Bescheinigung Wohnungswechsel;
    • Besitz zeugnis Jubiläumsabzeichen des Preusischen Landeskriegerverband;
    • Writing of his kompanieleader;
    • Handwritten Entlassungsschein;
    • Besitzzeugnis Dienstauszeichnung I klasse, 15 juni 1921; (and another writing concerning this)
    • Vorläufiger Besitzausweis EKII, 13/04/1918;
    • Writing from the Major and Regimentskommandeur Landwehr Inf Regiment 80, von Pape, date 22 november 1918, thanking all the comrades etc.

As you can see I am missing a few ones unfortunately. But nonetheless I am quite happy with the grouping.

If you ned more info, please let me know.

Greetings,

Poulton

Guest Rick Research

Your Wulf (1 f not Wulff?) is not on the MMV2 Roll to 1917, not in FR 90 or LIR 80. Is that listed in his Militärpaß?

Your Wulf (1 f not Wulff?) is not on the MMV2 Roll to 1917, not in FR 90 or LIR 80. Is that listed in his Militärpaß?

Hi Rick,

it is indeed Wulf (1 f). The award date of his MMV2 is 1.5.1918 according to his Militärpass which is stamped by the LIR80 III bataillon.

Hope you can use this info.

Greetings Poulton

I don't know what you had to trade for this bar and documents, but it is a great group! He doesn't need to be an officer group to be a nice one. (Karl Blume is not an officer, but I think he has a nice bar.) This soldier was a real "lifer". 1889 through to TR era.

Unless I'm mistaken, it looks like a device is missing from the ribbon bar. Easily replaced?

Good job picking this one up!

Thanks for showing it.

Yes thank you--not there yet. He had a very "slow" war then, with nothing (!) before 1918!

Sorry Rick, I have been sloppy, he had something before 1918.

It is not easy for me to read the little writing in his Militär Pass, but I saw another entry, if I read correct: M.D.3. with award date 15.10.04 and before this entry is another one, without date, I can't read it.

I will take a scan of a few pages of his Pass and post these, maybe one of you gents can read it.

Greetings,

Poulton

I don't know what you had to trade for this bar and documents, but it is a great group! He doesn't need to be an officer group to be a nice one. (Karl Blume is not an officer, but I think he has a nice bar.) This soldier was a real "lifer". 1889 through to TR era.

Unless I'm mistaken, it looks like a device is missing from the ribbon bar. Easily replaced?

Good job picking this one up!

Thanks for showing it.

Hi Claudius,

Thanks for your comment.

It has cost me a few nice NCO bars, but without papers and names.

I really like to have names and documents to go with bars, off course that is a costly hobby.

I am happy with the trade. I think also there is a device missing. I don't know if I am replacing it, still thinking about it.

Greetings from Flanders,

Poulton

Guest Rick Research

Good spot! Yes, it needs tghe 40 Treudienst mini for the ribbon bar. Easy enough to replace without a backing on there-you can wiggle one in carefully, turning the prongs.

Sorry Rick, I have been sloppy, he had something before 1918.

It is not easy for me to read the little writing in his Militär Pass, but I saw another entry, if I read correct: M.D.3. with award date 15.10.04 and before this entry is another one, without date, I can't read it.

"M.D.3" might be his Militär-Dienstauszeichnung 3rd class, and I'd bet the other entry is something like "E.M." for the Kaiser-Wilhelm-Erinnerungsmedaille from 1897.

Great group, thanks for sharing!