News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A North Korean Banner

Elmar Lang

Hello,

at the Gunzenhausen show, besides other pieces, I've found a curious, colourful, banner, of which I would like to attach some pictures.

Does anyone know what do the inscriptions mean?

Any help would be most appreciated,

Enzo (E.L.)

• 3 weeks later...

The back reads:

1st Line going down :Let learning take part (or Occur)

2nd line down: Enemy of Communism (the grammer is off, but it might be that actual grammer in NK vs SK dialect)

3rd line down: All Soldiers one Tip (the term should be point but in this context I believe it to mean Tip, as in tip of the spear etc)

Front:

1st line: This is what I can make out, Enemy of the scattered people of Jeoseon

2nd line: Let U.S. imperialist aggressors be destroyed

Bottom Section: Great Red Flag

The Korean People's Army Joeseon

============================================================

Everything reads together:

Enemy of the scattered people of Jeoseon (old Korea ie in the past while they were unified)

Let U.S. imperialist aggressors be destroyed

Great Red Flag

Of The Korean People's Army of righteous (or Proper) Joeseon

Let learning take part (or Occur) I would even hazard a guess to say, Let Everyone know or Learn of

Enemy of Communism (the grammer is off, but it might be that actual grammer in NK vs SK dialect)

All Soldiers are one Tip (usually it would be Implied for Victory but it is not mentioned here in the sentence) (the term should be point but in this context I believe it to mean Tip, as in tip of the spear etc)

I will have to do the center section once I get home :)

Edited by Rogi

Center inscription near the globe and KPA guys :)

Order of Communism (due to the sentence structure I picked Order of, there are many variations that could be used but to me, this is the one that makes the most sense here)

Red Flag!

Very cool Banner :D

Thank you for sharing it with us :) My pleasure in translating it, just wish I had remembered earlier :) Thank you for sending the pm and reminding me :)

Edited by Rogi