News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi guys,

I thought it would be nice to start a thread where we can all show our Red Eagle Orders with Swords. Any type, and class, any period or condition -- even photos of the award in-wear.

I'll start it off with this one, recently shown in another thread. Unmarked example from the 1870 period.

Thanks Chris.

Consider that each of the four sword elements (two blades and two grip sections) is hollow -- made of two halves stamped from real gold and finely soldered together -- then screwed into the body of the cross.

What workmanship.

Here is a visible seam on the tip of one of the blades.

Here is my only awarded example of an RAO with swords, a 4th class, the model from 1885 until 1916. All parts original, the swords hollow from two parts, screwed into the center medaillon. It is a very ugly example because of the very bad made reparatures. But it comes directly from the ripped medalbar of Kapitän z.S. Moritz Krause, so i like it instead of its ugly

Beside this i only have a 1930-1950 wearer´s copy, probably made by Godet and sold by Sedlatzek. One piece, Silver, swords were gilded.

Regards

Markus

Here is another nice photo-example of a RAO4x in wearing. Hope you like it. Unfortunately no doc and "hardware", by now =)

Best wishes

Karsten

Great photo!

Here is another one, a later model (until 1918) with swords -- in fact the same type Heye wears, and the same type Markus shows.

Very nice Tilo, thank you for posting this photo. I have a good archive of photos of this award in-wear and I never saw this one.

Interestingly, the photography company mis-spelled the street they were located on as "Bismarkplatz." :sleep:

• 3 weeks later...
    • 8 years later...