News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

At last! an Einheitsfeldmütze!

Chris,

I saw those two and tipped off a friend in Poland that collects items from PB.2. Yours was already sold, but he got the other one.

Chip

Hi,

I saw the two, the other one was a tiny bit better, but I wanted this one as it was 2. Komp.

The 2. Komp was at Verdun for a lot of 1916, unfortunately this one is dated 1917, but still a very nice piece with a lot of Flanders.

Maybe it was one of the few units that decomissioned 100% by the book and the Depot had all the uniforms and goodies back in the stores.... while many other units had the guys coming home with everything up to and including their 08s....

The seller of this had a total of 3 (I think) all from the same costume company... so maybe the 2nd Pioniers had there stuff go in a block to the company in 1919, and was not worn out in the fields etc for years after the war?

Chris et al.,

I think a lot came-out of East Germany when the wall came down--My Rock came-out in early to mid 90's (I think this came out of the East but not sure) and I think at one time it was in a costume company.

The Lining is very clean--Dressing pocket removed but faint outline remains--no repairs and only blemish is something marked out above the size info on the lining (I assume costume company mark). It is also BAII 1915 stamped.

That mutz would be a good companion piece.

Eric--thanks on the tunic--all stitching looks original and no repairs--it missed being issued and if it was it went right into storage.

Joe Sweeney

Joe,

That's a super looking tunic. I have a similar Bavarian issue FAR tunic dated 1915. It too looks like it was never worn.

Too bad I didn't know you had this tunic. I just recently sold a pioneer Mütze marked to B.A.II to Advanced Guard Militaria.

Chris,

Supposedly, before the enlisted visored caps were authorized in 1915, these were worn on the Feldmütze as Unteroffizier Kokarden. I doubt the veracity of that. I have a mint Hessian cap that was issued with a sewn-on national cockade and a split brad Hessian version. I think as the sewn-on ones got pulled off, the split brad ones were just easier to replace (no sewing required). Also, I think that caps that show up in collector's hands without cockades often just get the split brad type as replacements, as they are easier to find and attach. Getting the correct old thread (thickness and no glow cotton) is also no easy task.

Chip

Chris,

I saw those two and tipped off a friend in Poland that collects items from PB.2. Yours was already sold, but he got the other one.

Chip

Hi Chip,

It took me quite a few years to find "the one" but its probably not the only "one" out there.... If he can find a rally nice one to replace it, I am willing to trade. I know very well how it is to look for specific units and miss out on a piece.... Tell him to drop me a line.

Best

Chris

• 2 months later...

Hi guys,

I am that guy who bought to other hat from stamped PB 2. Well as Chip mentioned previously I am collecting items from that battalion and I just saw that rock :speechless1: from PB.2 - its awesome.

All the best,

Milosz

Hi Chris,

Thankyou for warm welcome :) You can see my collection here:

www.pommerschespionier.com

on the right side bar in category collections.

DSC_0111-001.JPG

Unfortunately I do not have many items from PB. 2 where my great grand-father served but I am working on that :)

I have M95 pioneer pickelhaube stamped P.B.2 :)

_DSC0084.JPG

Are you collecting documents Chris? I have some document but they are not on my site.

Sorry for the watermarks but I had some problem with stolen photos from my website in the past.

Cheers,

Milosz

Edited by PB2

• 1 month later...

Back to that subject, where are all these items from PB2 mentioned by you guys???

I am looking for items from that unit and so far I did not seen many of them.

I am very happy to buy or trade for any items from PB2.
    This is my trench club, that I am willing to trade :D
    SSA42065.JPG
    Regards,
    Milosz

Thats a nice club there is a gent not far from me bought all my trench clubs, nice gentlemen has a wonderful collection if you're interested in outright selling I could send you his info.

I haven't forgotten regarding PB2 funny isn't it when one IS looking can't find a thing. I've a guess you gents would call it M12/13 pioneer tunic but has unpiped 3rd boards 2nd company B.A.II. 1915 stamped I'll take photos if you want? its a bit rough Chip told me what it may be but forgot as usual been wanting to build up a mannequin with it.

Eric

Edited by Hoss