News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Formal document, Oakleaves to the K.C. 1939

Hello readers.

I have not seen a like document pictured here ( unless mistaken).

So I present the one in my care.

Recipient Hptmann Heinrich Schueler ( umlaut u). The Knights Cross was bestowed on 18.Sep.1942. He was also the recipient of the German Cross i.Gold with date of 28. Feb. 1942.

This officcer began the war as a n.c.o. and held the rank of Oberst d.R. when killed on 12.Jan.1945.

Bernhard H. Holst

?? Is that document in the Auction supposed to be good?

Hello:

I looked at the auction offer of the K.C. and document.

As regards the document without being knowledgeable there are three obvious items which shout at me"DO not go near it!!".

- the set-up with the "dem" off alignment;

- flourishing script;

-the additional "Meissner" signature which never appeared on such or similar document.

In addition the "Blindpraege Siegel" ( embossed seal ) seems to show and there should not be such thing.

Bernhard H. Holst

I agree the cert looks fishy but it does say:

"This Knight’s Cross will be sold framed and displayed with the original certificate – Signed By Adolf Hitler."

Maybe this is a copy for website display only. I would suggest anyone interested to contact the auction authority

Hello readers.

Here is the K.C.formal document to the later Oakleaves recipient Ofw. Gustav Stuehmer whose military estate is in my care. The document is unsigned and most likely for that reason found no bidder on an auction.

Bernhard H. Holst

Note: the oakleaves are not part of the estate but were lost post war. Awarded after death.

[