News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

2 miniature Double Dragons

larsb001

With all the fine full size Doble Dragons presented here today I'd like to show two miniatures for your amusement.

First, a fine piece in Gold:

And then a more crude piece in Silver with a twisted center but also quite toned:

Enjoy, Lars

Thanks for sharing these Lars. We don't see many miniatures of the Double Dragons.

Interestingly, the first example is of a 2nd Type but the manufacturer has used diamond cut rays for the star.

• 6 months later...

OK, just got another chain with a nice set of Double Dragons, I believe it's a 1st type 2nd class set, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Nick, would it be too much to assume that you can produce a picture of the wearer in a few seconds :whistle:

The chain seems untouched, would it be seen that a wearer would wear 2 Anna's and 2 Stanislaus', for example if he got several classes?

Anyway, enjoy, Lars

The chain seems untouched, would it be seen that a wearer would wear 2 Anna's and 2 Stanislaus', for example if he got several classes?

As we see, Pavel Frydryhovych wear all classes of St. Vladimir order.

Same goes for St.Anna ;)

Edited by JapanX

Lars

OMSA (US) had an article in the current (September-October 2014) issue on Double Dragon and from that I agree that your mini set on the long chain are Second Class. Second class is silver, first class is gold like the gold mini on your first post. Second class Neck Badge had five rays or petals. First Class had six. On the Star it looks just like the badge in the OMSA article with blue and green clouds as the border to the central circle and a single pink/coral stone in the center. (Second Class - third grade)

The next to last badge looks like a Type 2 neck badge of the second class, third grade except the pink/coral stones appear to be missing. Get Gavin's book or read the OMSA article. Maybe OMSA will post it eventually.

GHB

ID of the man but knew this would probably be too optimistic.

I thought you were kidding, Lars :o

Currently this is simply impossible.

There are no available (or even known) lists of St.Vladimir and St.Stanislaus cavaliers.