News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Soviet red star cap badges

I have a few of these stars and I like them, they are well made and I am sucker for good enamel work. My knowledge is lacking on the different types. To me, I am looking for examples the two piece varieties which to my eye means they are 1935/1936 varieties.

The following two are recent acquisitions, they are both 'two piecers', but one is less of a typical ruby colour aside from its skewed H&S, the starburst on the reverse is also different from the one on the left. The starburst indentation is shorter than the one on the left which appears to reach close to the centre.

So my question are, does this difference represent a different time periodyear within the 'two piecer' period?

Was different colours of enamels specific to one period area of manufacturer? Or, just a random difference that occurred during the manufacture of millions of these?

So my question are, does this difference represent a different time periodyear within the 'two piecer' period?

Both stars came from 1936+ period of time (but no later than 1945-1946)

Most like pre war stars.

Different colors of enamel is just random (but pleasant ;)) difference.

Cheers,

Nick