News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Golden and silver merit cross Lippe-Detmold / Postsekretaer Karl Oberbracht

Hi gents,

I would liek to show you my latest purchase, which is a large group of documents (mainly related to genealogy).

For me the most important documents were the following ones:

Karl (Carl) Oberbracht was born 11 Feb. 1855 in Siebenhoefen (Lippe) and died 24 June 1919 in Detmold.

In 1881 he became "Postgehilfe", in 1887 he became "Postassistent" and finally in 1904 he was promoted to a "Postsekretär".

On 19th June 1906 he awarded the silver merit cross of the house-order Lippe-Detmold (Silbernes Verdienstkreuz zum Hausorden Lippe-Detmold), awarded 339 times.

Attached you see the confirmation, the award notice and the award documents (with the signature of prince Leopold IV. Lippe-Detmold).

Edited by Solomon

And on 30th May 1915 he finally awarded the golden merit cross of the house-order Lippe-Detmold (Goldenes Verdienstkreuz zum Hausorden Lippe-Detmold), awarded 107 times.

As well, all three related documents are existing, plus the statues of the house-order (version valid since 1913).

The reason for the award was his retirement.

Edited by Solomon

And finally there were also some pictures of him (unfortunately without wearing the awards).

The building is the "Postamt Hohenhausen-Lippe" (post-office in Hohenhausen-Lippe), Oberbracht is looking out of the window in the middle.

Comments are always welcome :-)

Best regards

Roman