News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Just by chance I got this pure noncombattant Mecklenburg bar:

1.) Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse am Nichtkämpferband

2.) Militär-Verdienstkreuz Mecklenburg-Schwerin 1914 am Nichtkämpferband

3.) Sachsen Kriegsverdienstkreuz

4.) Ritterkreuz des Hausordens der Wendischen Krone Mecklenburg-Schwerin

5.) Gedächtnismedaille Großherzog Friedrich Franz III. 1897 Mecklenburg-Schwerin

No doubt the person who owned this bar was a Mecklenburg-Schwerin subject. I try to find suspects in the Großherzoglich Mecklenburg-Schwerinschen Staatskalender of 1916. The best matching person is a civil servant, Ernst von Blücher (1854-1930). He is registered in the 1916 Staatskalender with the three Mecklenburg decorations, but no others. Unfortunately I have no later edition of the Staatskalender to search for other suspects and to look for Blüchers possibly later awards.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards, Komtur.

Edited by Komtur

... Have you black lighted the ribbons. To me they look very new and the same for the stitching on the reverse? ...

I have not, because the ribbons and the stitching are fine. Having done it just now, there were no glowing at all.

Regards, Komtur.

Edited by Komtur

• 2 weeks later...