News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Do there exist award list for the finnish liberty cross 4th class to germans ?

Hi Gents,

I got a medalbar attributed to Max Hoffmann.

There is a liberty cross IV. class with date 1941 on

red ribbon with two white side stripes on it.

Do there exist award lists and is it possible to get more informations ?!

Regards

Andreas

• 4 weeks later...

Hallo Andreas ,

I don´t think there is a list of Liberty Crosses awarded to Germans , at least not open to public.

I have a ongoing database for Liberty Crosses and I have probbably all Germans with 1st, second and third class but

i miss most of the 4th class awardings.

But I will check this evening and see if I have your man in the list

I look through the few Germans with 4th Class I had ( 12 ) .... but not your man sorry to say .

christer

Edited by christerd

Hallo Andreas ,

I don´t think there is a list of Liberty Crosses awarded to Germans , at least not open to public.

I have a ongoing database for Liberty Crosses and I have probbably all Germans with 1st, second and third class but

i miss most of the 4th class awardings.

But I will check this evening and see if I have your man in the list

I look through the few Germans with 4th Class I had ( 12 ) .... but not your man sorry to say .

christer

Thanks christer,

but is was worth trying out. :beer:

Regards

Andreas

Hello,

You can send query to the Order of the Cross of Liberty, and the data is there. Unfortunately some part of the archives is currently under digitalizing and therefore all award cards are not accessible until its done. Send me PM and I can forward your inquiry to friend of mine who do these kind of researches. He knows the current situation.

Jani

Hi,

The department of antiquities is ongoing a long project to digitalize material and organize it. Some of the material has been made available in public, like regimental diaries. I am afraid they will not make medal cards public as they do not do with the "kantakortti" service records. That material has information that is considered personal and even now can not be obtained without permission, especially if the person is still alive. Big problem for them is however, that they dont know who is alive.

You need permission from family or excuse (Which means you are making historical research) to order the service records. I have ordered dozens of those and I have encountered one who was court martialed fo shooting POW's and some who have been fleeing from the front. They dont want details like this to be spread freely expecially if the person is alive.

What comes to award cards, the current process is the following: First you have to request the lot number from secretary of the Order of the cross of Liberty - you need to know the name and year of birth helps. Then they will tell you lot number where you will find carton of award cadfs in alpabetical order. There are lots of lots...Even complicated, this process has worked.

Jani