News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

DRK Sister's & Other Female Passes

That is a great piece. I love it.. ID Books to females are actually quite collectible and it is a pity that considering the amount of books, websites & discussions dedicated to Soldbücher & Wehrpasse there is very little out there (if anything) that cover items such as this.

This is a very nice and interesting document Jock! Kevin is right to note that ID books to women are a very interesting field to collect.

In particular to researchers of the role of women during the 3rd Reich, these books are very collectable. Unfortunately there is not much to hold on to, when researching these documents.

This is the first DRK book I have seen. You have one heck of a piece of history there. Very unique. I did not see any awards listed for all of that service. Did I miss something?

Guys,

Glad you like it, just thought it interesting that a young 19/20 year old lass volunteered and she is active for the rest of the war, she must have seen some sights in her time. She was hospitalised herself twice the later being code 19 (other sickness of the breathing organs). Paul, these are not uncommon I am sure I have a few more somewhere.

Kevin maybe a specific thread just for females would be useful and focus them in one place? I do have more stuff but will have to dig them out which is a pain as I have no filing system in place.

Jock :)

Kevin maybe a specific thread just for females would be useful and focus them in one place? I do have more stuff but will have to dig them out which is a pain as I have no filing system in place.

Jock :)

That's not a bad idea at all. I will look in to the section and see if there has been one in the distant past and if so resurrect it (and Pin it) and if not, start one using this DRK book as the first entry.

I have had a quick look using the Search function and while there is another thread with a female pass there is no dedicated one, so I have changed the title slightly and pinned this one for all future female ID Passes to be posted in.

The additional pass was this one... RAD Female Pass

I love the new additions - especially the Marinehelferin one. I don't have an example of anything to a serving female - having seen the ones shown here I think I will have to change that. Keep them coming please, great to see.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally managed to break my duck and get an item to a serving female, in this case a DRK-Helferin. It is a late-war issue and she served in Kriegslazarett Flensburg and Res.Laz 3/609. A bonus was that along with the Verwendungsbuch was her award citation for the War Merit Medal.

The citation is signed by Oberstleutnant d.R Horst who was in temporary command of OKH department P5, whereas he was usually in charge of P5 2.Staffel which dealt with the awarding of Wound Badges and War Merit Awards. OKH P5 was responsible for decorations and awards with different sub-departments dealing with different awards.

Not quite a pass of a female uniformed organisation, but still issued to a woman.

It is the membershipbook of the Reichs-Kulturkammer / Reichskammer der bildende Kunste / Fachverband Deutscher Mahler und Graphiker e.V.

All German artists had to be connected to the Reich Chamber of Culture, the organisation to guard the Aryan character of all German arts and performances.

The female artist (a paintress) belonged to the sub-division Reich Chamber of Fine Arts, artisans group of German Painters and Graphics; the signature is of it's leader Eugen Hönig.

Size: 10.5 x 15.3 cm

Provisional membership card of the German Women's League. The printed signature is of the Reichsfrauenführerin, Mrs. Gertrud Scholz-Klink (see enclosed photos), she was a hard boiled Nazi and the official representative of all the women in the Third Reich.