News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

It has been a while since I posted something from my collection so here is one I managed to acquire earlier this year. It is this Luftwaffe Soldbuch and Passport to Oberst Carl Reifschneider.

He initially served within Reichsluftministerium (RLM) from 1933 until just before the start of WW-2 when he was re-assigned to the flying school Luftkriegsschule 2 which was located at Berlin-Gatow.

Reifschneider remained at LKS 2 until late 1942 when he went from a flying unit to a staff position at a Luftwaffe ground command, namely the position IIa (Adjutant) at IV LW Feldkorps which was based in Southern France. As can be seen from this entry - IV LW Feldkorps - it had a number of Heer divisions under its command.

Reifschneider stayed with IV LW Feldkorps until late 1944 so would of been involved in the defence against the Allied invasion of Southern France, Operation Dragoon.

After his transfer away from IV LW Feldkorps, Reifschneider spent the remainder of the war within two Luftgau Kommando organisations.

Edited by hucks216

Hi,

did you manage to find any info on WW1 Service?

Best

Chris

I'm afraid not although he obviously had some and was awarded the EK II during that period. The details in Larry & Doug's LW Officer Career Summaries seem to come from the Soldbuch for the most part.

Paul

Correct I am basing it on the RLM posting etc.. It appears, Kevin correct me if i am wrong, that he was not directly involved in a combat role, perhaps in the closing months, and his attachment to the Luftkriegschule would not have been as a flight instructor.

Jeremy

Paul

Correct I am basing it on the RLM posting etc.. It appears, Kevin correct me if i am wrong, that he was not directly involved in a combat role, perhaps in the closing months, and his attachment to the Luftkriegschule would not have been as a flight instructor.

Jeremy

I can't see any entry that would hint at being a flying instructor so I would believe he was at the LKS in an Admin/Staff position, this function being backed up I believe by his assignment to the Stab of IV LW Feldkorps with a Stammrollen Nr of just 3 which as mentioned above was when he held the position of IIa.