News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I have not seen a copy yet - however, my PICA magazine (Police Insignia Collectors' Association)

has a write-up for a new book on Truncheons and Tipstaffs.

Called 'Truncheons - an unequal match' the book deals with many aspects of police collecting. He

points out that this is the first major work on Truncheons and Tipstaves for over 29 years - which was

when my book 'The Policeman's Lot' came out.

I knew the author Alan Cook when he was a chief Inspector with Essex Constabulary and paid a visit

to my Bournemouth flat to view my collection. He is a pleasant and knowledgeable person with a

very great interest in his subject.

I am sure this will be a valuable addition for the keen collector - there are so few researched books

on overall Police History.

I am adding his notice regarding the book, which appeared in the PICA magazine. You can order

from this - or, contact him for further information. Please mention that we featured this on GMIC. Mervyn

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_04_2014/post-6209-0-94235100-1398334511.jpgclick

• 4 months later...

I have just received a signed copy from Alan Cook the author. I thoroughly recommend the book because it is a continuation of the subject of truncheons and tip-staves with a considerable amount of valuable research. The book is sumptuous and beautifully illustrated. A must for collectors to put alongside Mervyns book.

pcdogberry

pcDogberry - kind comments to both of us - thankyou. I hope sales are going well for him - I was planning to do a review

on this Forum. Unfortunately I haven't seen a copy - may I invite you to do such a review. We can place it on the book section -

which is below the Lounge - and also on this Forum. Best wishes Mervyn