News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

SERBIA ORDER OF TAKOVO CERTIFICATE RECIPIENT?

Hello Gents

Here we have an old certificate of order of Takovo 1st class given by king Milan I of Serbia dated 1888.

Please can anyone identify the recipient, Emin Bey? Probably Turkish recipient! I'm little rusty with Cyrillic, so If anyone can translate the whole hand written part of the document, I'll be grateful (Rogi, Paja..l! :)

Here are the pictures:

Joseph

looks like Емин Деја as rank? Which would be a Ottoman customs rank, similar to steward or Tax Official, very interesting as if I read the rank correctly these men could also be non-Muslims :)

While the other "rank" looks like Емин веу which means higher (Customs officer/tax official etc or whatever the Ottoman rank is :S )

I can't make out the name :S I'm not that great on these old docs and reading them :D I'll have a try tonight again :)

Hello Gents

Thanks for Your info! I googled a little bit about this Emin Bey, and found almost nothing! He was the Chamberlain of Sultan Abdul Hamid II who ruled the Ottoman Empire 1876-1909. So what has this Emin Bey did to king Milan I or to kingdom of Serbia to deserve Order of Takovo first class? :)

Gents, have you seen what is the best feature on this document? :D

Best Regards

Joseph

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Gents

This beautiful document belongs to my friend, and he is selling it on ebay. He priced it extremely costly (1700$)! I'm not sure that this kind of document deserves so big price, even if it is number 2. What is Your opinion gentleman? Have you ever seen Serbian document of this price or low number? I haven't!

Best regards

Joseph

Gentlemen,

I would like to point to you that the number "2" inscribed upon the document does not refer to the serial number of the award of Order of Cross of Takovo, but to the fact that it was the second award made since the beginning of the year 1888 in the Chancery of Royal Orders.

Dragomir

Hello Dragomir

Thanks for your info! I knew that there were older orders of Takovo, it was instituted 1865! So, did they start with number 1 every year, or with the reign of a King(like Milan I), or with the duration of a monarchy(like Kingdom of Serbia)?

Gents I want to know is this the real price for this document(I would say no), and how many single numbered documents like this have You encountered in Your life!

Thanks

Joseph

I think value is based on a lot of other documents that are in the same range. There are a lot of 1st Class Takovo's out there. Although the #2 makes it a bit more special and to Turkish recipient I don't think that past that amount (a couple % more than reg. Takovo 1st class) would precipitate such a high valuation :D

I think the only person that might pay this amount would be someone who has this Turkish Recipient's group and is missing this to complete it. Then again, I would assume in such a case that they would bargain for a better price.

...Although the #2 makes it a bit more special....

#2 means very little, it's just number of documents issued within certain year. Note the date is January 5th, #2 means the document was given early in the year.

That number has no effect on the price!

#2 means very little, it's just number of documents issued within certain year. Note the date is January 5th, #2 means the document was given early in the year.

That number has no effect on the price!

Regardless, it is cool to have the #2 of whatever day of the month issue, it probably adds 1% value for me, but its cool :D (again not 1.7k cool lol)

• 2 months later...
    • 1 year later...

Dear Gents,

I also have a diploma of Takovo, in the book of Carr on Serbian orders, it says that the style could differ from time to time. This one is printed as hand-written. Always a pleasure to watch.

DSCF6858.JPG

DSCF6859.JPG

My Serbian isn't so good, but am I wirght when this diploma was given to Alex Radulovic?