News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bad3ss of the week......

Chris Boonzaier

Hello readers.

Mme. de Galard-Terraube wears the one stripe of a Legionnaire de premier classe signifying a honorable rank in the Legion. This is a sign of appreciation of exceptional services rendered to the Legion.

I read the article and not wanting to nit pick I would give it a passing grade. Tone making the music. BTW: only one general officer served in D.B.Ph. and that was Gen. de Castries who was promoted during the battle.

The French artillery commander, the one armed Col. Pieroth took his own life with a hand grenade once the full force of the enemy guns were recognized.

I will post in future some names of French military women auxiliaries and civilians who lost their lives during the French phase of the conflict.

The anniversary of the fall of Dien Bien Phu approaches.

Bernhard H. Holst

H

I read the article and not wanting to nit pick I would give it a passing grade. Tone making the music.

Hi,

Agreed, A Wikipedia article would be more down to earth, but I found that article googling her and was fascinated by the site... the extreme diversity he uses in choosing his "Bada$$es" of the week is fascinating, he covers every nation, every era (even tossing in the odd Fictional character). I thought it refreshing that this lady would have an article about her on a site that uses the language of the modern "cool" Teenager... it would bring her to an audience that would otherwise never have known she existed.

Best

Chris

Although he cannot spell Camerone... I bet a beer his account has been read by many, many, many more people over the last 10 years than in any Legion books.

By that I mean, he reaches a very wide audience... and I think probably fires up the imagination...

I remember camerone every year, standing with presented arms, the kepi biting into the forehead, frowninh and waggling my ears to reduce the pain... while the recital of the battle was read out....

But I gotta admit... his version is not bad either...

In 1863 the French Emperor Napoleon III was being a dumbshit and trying to ###### with Mexico for some reason that is inconsequential in the grand scheme of things. The important thing for this story is that the French Army was besieging the Mexican town of Puebla, and it wasn't really going so hot for them. - See more at: http://www.badassoftheweek.com/index.cgi?id=352802417164#sthash.44PV0mr6.dpuf
    The Mexican commander approached the Cameron Inn under a flag of peace. He told Danjou, "you guys are basically ######ed so you might as well just give up". Danjou looked at him cooly and responded: "We have munitions. We will not surrender." The Legion began to fortify their position, and the Mexicans attacked. - See more at: http://www.badassoftheweek.com/index.cgi?id=352802417164#sthash.44PV0mr6.dpuf

Hello Chris.

A good account. Cptne Danjou however died early on in the fight. I also remember having stood at attention to listen to the account of the combat action. Ceinturon bleue feeling uncomfortably hot around the waist, sometimes bleeding blue dye into the shirt and pants... Quality stuff !. This year Prince Albert of Monaco was invited, father and grandfather served in a fashion. There is a so-so video.

Bernhard H. Holst

Edited by Bernhard H.Holst

• 2 weeks later...

I think the lady is fascinating! I loved reading her story... But must admit at laughing out loud at the author's writing style... Was this a junior high school project?

Eisenhower's intro is quite poignant and really set's the tone though!

A few memorable quotes... (I'm still laughing)

"embedded up to their jocks in some seriously deep "

"this tsunami of gun-toting humanity"

"raging psychotic hellhole of ass-sucking carnage"

"the kind of woman who was going to flip her and go Princess Vespa on hordes of AK-47 toting maniacs"

"turn the entire plane into a smoking crater of suck"

"before a Viet Minh shell fragged it back to the Cretaceous Period (or whichever geological Era is responsible for airplanes)"

:lol::lol: :lol: :lol::lol: