News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Cavalry & Riding badges

Another: Two slightly different badges, which I have found so many different names, that I only dare to ask what might be the official one :)

Are these another type of Voroshilov badges awarded by OSOAVIAKhiM, since I think that name is in these and the previous one?

At least neither was among the tons of different fakes I found.

Edited by Jani Tiainen

Hello,

I found good article about OSOAVIAKhiM badges, which even translated well with Google. However I dont know the source, so comments on credibility of this article would be appreciated. (I have never seen so many ads in one page :)

http://valerikon01.blogspot.com/2012/08/blog-post_4501.html

By the way. Good idea to search for information with the language you dont know is to put certain term to google picture search. I used term "OSOAVIAKhiM badge" in russian with cyrillic letters and found of lot of interesting stuff through pictures.

Jani

Jani,

I personally like the Avers 8 book a lot and it's the most complete work on Soviet badges to date.

I've attached a couple of pages to give you a basic impression of the catalog. On the first page you can see the badge for the capture of Karelian Isthmus, which supposedly wasn't even produced, but seems that some prototype variants are out and the price matches that. The prices are indicated in US dollars, but they are a little off.

Jani,

I personally like the Avers 8 book a lot and it's the most complete work on Soviet badges to date.

I've attached a couple of pages to give you a basic impression of the catalog. On the first page you can see the badge for the capture of Karelian Isthmus, which supposedly wasn't even produced, but seems that some prototype variants are out and the price matches that. The prices are indicated in US dollars, but they are a little off.

Thanks!

I have thought the designs were made and perhaps tools, but I have never even heard of actual original badge - even a prototype to exists. Somebody even told me that some of the current fakes would have been made with original dies (?) Is that picture on Aver described as original prototype?

I got to get Avers 8, my latest is #4.

Jani

No problem.

I've heard the same and I've speculated of even a prototype being out there. Sadly the book doesn't state if the badge is real or not, as it only tells the story of the Winter War in short and what the badge is made out of. The text states that the badge was never issued, so I believe there to only be a prototype or two and I believe the badge in this to be a real one, but I cant say for sure. All badges in the book are original pieces, but missing ones have a graphical copy, as they are so rare that they cant be found.

Personally I believe an original prototype badge to be way over 10,000 dollars, if there is indeed one.