News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bundespolizei Blue uniform?

Guys,

I recently bought a Bundswehr Lt Col's jacket (in another post), the bloke had some police jackets that were very similar in cut to WW2 jackets in general. The odd thing for me was they were blue, not the greenish colours you would normaly encounter?

Would they be of interest to anyone as I think he had €15 on each, there were two of them with some sort of arm badge?

I can take some pictures next time if anyone is interested.

cheers

Jock :)

Chris,

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear, you normally find the Green stuff being sold as surplus but these jackets look 50s in manufacture, material and style.

I shall pick them up if I can get him down to €20.

All of our local 'coppers' are in there shiny new blue rig now and I haven't seen a green car for a while either!

Jock :)

Well, the blue is a modern trend, because the americans wear blue too. And because of Germany is the 51st star in the stars´n stripes, our police has to wear blue too... I don´t like it.

The green was a traditionally colour, came out after the great war, when the first police units wore the green Jäger-Uniforms.

In order of the americanizing in Germany, the new police cars just have got a new siren, like the american ones.

Edited by The Prussian

• 2 weeks later...

Jock,

Yes there were some states whose police wore blue uniforms after the end of WWII. An obvious statement considering the Niedersachsen uniforms you have pictured above. They are probably late 50s early 60s as you have guessed above. Berlin wore blue for many years and only went to green when police uniforms were standardized to the same colour.

Regards,

Gordon

• 3 months later...