News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Marianerkreuz

Hi Everyone,

Just picked this one up. It hasn't arrived yet, and it looks like it will take a little bit of care to clean off the glue residue on the reverse. I have found it to be a beautiful award, and I was wondering if anyone can tell me more about it (possible maker, year manufactured, etc.)?

Thanks!

Jason

Mine just arrived! I was able to gently remove the adhesive from the back and after looking at it under the scope, I was able to find 3 maker marks.

The first one is on the suspension ring and is an "A", which should be for Vienna. The second marks are actually on the eyelet, and are a "2" and an "A" within a trapezoid shaped box with a figure of something in the middle. The third set of marks are "V. M (indecipherable)", so I assume this medal was manufactured by V. MAYER’S SÖHNE in Vienna.

Jason