News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

identification of medals and eventualy the guy wearing them

Franz Duschek was one of the first photographers in Bucharest and official photographer of the princely court since 1867. His studio was taken over by his son, but I do not know whether his first name also started with an "F".

One of the awards appear to be Ottoman and the other at least not Romanian.

One more piece of information for dating the photo. The writing on the back says "F Duschek / Strada Noua / langa Sala Slatineanu / Bucuresci" which would translate as "F Duschek / Strada Noua / by Slatineanu Hall / Bucharest". Strada Noua is the old name of Edgar Quinet Street in the centre of Bucharest and Slatineanu Hall was a reception hall which was bought in the 1870s by the Capsa brothers to expand their restaurant business. Their restaurant and coffee house soon became famous under the name "Casa Capsa" and this would date your photo not later than about 1880s.

Could the right medal be the Ordinul Coroana Romäniei without ribbon?

I would not think so. The Order of the Crown of Romania was only established in 1881, it did not have a crown above the cross and it had no degree without ribbon.