News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

First Bulgarian bravery crosses 1880

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Igor,

Here is a very rare First Model of the Bravery Cross It is Silver and is marked 925 on the ring

This Cross is only mentioned in Prince Dimitry Romanoff book " The Orders, Medals and History of the Kingdom of Bulgaria" - page 64.with pictures provided

It is not mentioned in any other book about Bulgarian Orders

The quality of this cross is much more superior then the common solders Crosses

Best

Graf

Hi Graf,

Thank you for pictures and information , but ...

Your cross - very nice and very rare private made cross . In 1880 not was 925 marked on awards , in 1880 Bulgaria not have money for awards , not only Soldiers Crosses , Orders "For Bravery" was from silvered bronze

Regards,

Igor

Hi Igor,

Here is a very rare First Model of the Bravery Cross It is Silver and is marked 925 on the ring

This Cross is only mentioned in Prince Dimitry Romanoff book " The Orders, Medals and History of the Kingdom of Bulgaria" - page 64.with pictures provided

Best

Graf

Your rare cross 38 mm , like Order

and photo of medals group ( not my medals, sorry )

If you have photos of early medals group, or medals group or some crosses - post please !

Hi Igor

That is a really nice bar :love: Did the group belong to an officer or an elisted man? Two of the emedals that are in silver were given to officers but the cross itself is for non-comm or enisted man. Thanks in advance.

Hi Igor

That is a really nice bar :love: Did the group belong to an officer or an elisted man? Two of the emedals that are in silver were given to officers but the cross itself is for non-comm or enisted man. Thanks in advance.

not my :) medals group belong to an enlisted man ...

about cross from Graf collection , mentioned in Prince Dimitry Romanoff book " The Orders, Medals and History of the Kingdom of Bulgaria"

on the photo - Felix Graf von Luckner

not my :) medals group belong to an enlisted man ...

about cross from Graf collection , mentioned in Prince Dimitry Romanoff book " The Orders, Medals and History of the Kingdom of Bulgaria"

on the photo - Felix Graf von Luckner

Thanks for that. You don't see too many gentleman sporting two medal bars :)

Hi Igor,

Thank you for the information and especially the last pictures.I admit i have never seen the cross mounted

Similar Cross but Gilded was sold recently on a Auction in Gemany

I agree with you that the Cross in my collection is most likely private made one.

I agree that the new Principality of Bulgaria was poor at that point and such Crosses were not commonly made.

I suspect that there were few crosses given to rich people like Felix Graf von Luckner, who in return ordered one to be made in Silver in order to shows his rich/wealth status in the society. It was quite common practice around Europe at that and later time.

I forgot to mention that this cross is also featured in the book "Bulgarien Militarorden fur Tapferkeit von 1880 bis 1946" by Uwe Bretzendorfer & Thomas Kuhn.

- pages 12 and 13

Best

Graf

... I suspect that there were few crosses given to rich people like Felix Graf von Luckner, who in return ordered one to be made in Silver in order to shows his rich/wealth status in the society. It was quite common practice around Europe at that and later time...

Best

Graf

Awards of Luckner, Felix Gr.v. KL Seeadler KO4RM, EK1, RM, BMV4X, BrK1, BH, HH, LьH, MMV1, MStMV1, OK1, SA3aX, SsRM, BT4bX, ЦM3K, TL2X, UKDM

Bulgarian Tapferkeitsorden 4 classe 2 stuffe in war 1914-1918 ,

Why on ordenspange we can see soldiers cross ? This question to Felix von Luckner :)

• 1 month later...

Hi Igor,

Best

Graf

Katalog of Paul Meybauer , 1920-1930