News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Good evening,

I have found this helmet and I don;t know if it's an original piece or not. I collect Romanian ww1 and ww2 helmets so I am not familiar with this kind of helmets. If it's original I am interested in buying it, also I would like to know how much is it worth if it's original. Here are the photos.

• 2 weeks later...

The Wappen are definitely missing the eagle's head. But I believe this is a Kürassierhelm with the Wappen for Kürassier-Regt. Königin (Pommersches) Nr.2

The regiment fought for Friedrich II (Frederick the Great) at the Battle of Hohenfriedberg as Dragoner Regiment 5 (also knows as Bayreuth Dragoner); thus earning the Bandeau "Hohenfriedberg 4 Juni 1745" on their Wappen.

Unfortunately, I can't tell you about its value or if its original. But missing the head of the eagle on the Wappen certainly is a problem.

Valid point. Silver/gray color plating is to be expected. But I am fairly certain only Kürassier-Regt. Königin (Pommersches) Nr.2 had that bandeu on their Wappen.

War time issue?

That seems like the likeliest possibility, unless it's been 'assembled' post war. Have not seen painted ones before or discussed in refererences, but who knows?

unless it's been 'assembled' post war.

That's a distinct possibility though, isn't it? A broken Wappen put on a different helmet by the infamous "monkey fingers" to make it more "attractive" for "sale".

Given the black paint and lack of references to a "war time issue" and the broken Wappen, I would be reluctant with this one...

Edited by IrishGunner