News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I am making an attempt to attribute this bar. It has the following:

1914 EK2

REK (Reuss)

REK (Reuss)

SMK

Hindenburg

TR Faithfull Service

Since the award rolls for the REK are not known to exist it makes the attribution very difficult. I would guess the officer was in a regiment from Reuss. That being the case I am looking for an officer from that regiment(s) who was awarded the HOH3X and SMK. Could there have been that many? What regiments were tied to Reuss?

I assume you wrote REK (Reuss) twice in error, since you mentioned the HOH3X? Not double Reuss ribbons?

The contingent of both principalities was the I. and II. battalions of IR 96. However, more Reuss citizens served in other units during the war. Besides the active regiment, there was RIR 32, raised in Gera, and LIR 71, whose III.Btl. was raised in Gera. As well, there were the Landsturm battalions and the various war-raised units from Thuringia such as RIR 224, IR 371 and IR 389. And others who went to non-infantry regiments in the XI.Armeekorps area, such as PB 11, FAR 19 and FAR 55.

Also, the reigning prince of Reuss Younger Line (who was also regent of Reuss Elder Line) was Chef of JB 4 and a la suite the Leib-Garde-Husaren-Regiment, so there might have been awards to those units.